fitbit calories

Options
I have question is there any way to see how many calories fitbit has u to eat daily I am getting really odd numbers so I want to make sure i have same calories to eat on both fitbit and fitness pal ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You want to see how many calories Fitbit recommends you eat daily? Or how many they have recorded you as having eaten?
  • chrissywebb28
    chrissywebb28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How many calories fitbit recommends you eat daily?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How many calories fitbit recommends you eat daily?

You can see your calorie goal by going to your dashboard page on Fitbit.com, I believe. That said, I use MFP for my calorie goal. Is there a reason why you want a calorie goal for both MFP and your Fitbit?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    The calories that Fitbit says you have remaining for the day and the calories that MFP says you have remaining for the day will never match until the very end of the day (i.e. midnight). They're not calculated the same way. Don't expect them to match. Just follow what MFP says.

However, they should be pretty close if you look back on them the next day because then all that matters is that your settings (weight, age, weight loss goal, etc.) match.

You might benefit from reading the FAQ found in the stickies, if you haven't already. Here's a handy link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1