January Goals and Simple Changes

Options
dougfarrar1
dougfarrar1 Posts: 19 Member
what is your focus and plan for January? It's a new year and a new you. Share what you are working on.

Replies

• dougfarrar1
    dougfarrar1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 30 day challenge called Transform 30 that I started the last week of December and I will take it to Feb 1. It's pretty intense, but I felt like I was ready for a big jump start in the new year. This is the just of it:

• Water–Drink enough pure water a day that your urine remains clear (usually two to three liters).
    • Exercise–Do 30-60 minutes of moderate exercise at least four days a week.
    • Zero wheat–The benefits of eliminating wheat are enormous. And it’s easier than you might think!
    • Zero Dairy–Try hummus as a substitute for cheese. Eat leafy greens for the best source of calcium.
    • Deep breathing–Complete deep breathing exercises three times per day for three minutes for relaxation.
    • Sleep–Plan ahead to get eight full hours of sleep each night.
    • Assist–Eating your last meal by 6:00 pm allows your body to rest and digest properly.
    • Balance–If you are an athlete or in training, feel free to increase portion size to accommodate high energy
    expenditure.
    Reduce:
    • Artificial preservatives, colors, sweeteners, chemicals
    • Caffeine
    • Saturated fats or cholesterol
    • Refined sugar
    • Hydrogenated fats
    • Alcohol
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My January goal is to set a sleep routine (including a set bed time). I've been good about getting into bed at a certain time but often read or watch Netflix past a good bed time. This will be my small goal for the month.
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This ^ Megan, I have the same issue with sleep.

One of my January goals is to drink 8+ cups of water a day.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Lol put them in the wrong place...

My goals for Jan 2016 are:
    ♡ Water, Water and more Water
    ♡ MORE than 5/6 hours sleep a night
    ♡ Maintain 5,700 steps - I wana see green each day.

Tina
  • truckersgirl102411
    truckersgirl102411 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My January goals are:
    1. Drink water!!!!
    2. Maintain 6,000 steps a day, but trying for 10,000.
    3. Eat healthier. I eat smaller portions, but now I need healthier foods.
  • madmanmk
    madmanmk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    my goal is to complete the insanity work out programme - from start to finish no hic ups or injuries
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My focus for January is to get my sleep pattern sorted, going to bed between 1.30 and 2.00 am is not good. I neeed to
    Drink water and not just tea and coffee. Look for strategies on here. Good Luck Everyone.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My focus for January is to get back to routine of watching calories and eating right. (I kinda slipped for a few months.)
    I want to drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
    Make at least 10,000 steps a day.
    Stay under calorie goals.
  • yvonp1972
    yvonp1972 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is to drink more water, eat less and move more
  • originalkelli
    originalkelli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Avoid wheat, potatoes, pasta, white rice, sugar and dairy. Drink at least 90 Oz of water a day, 10,000 steps, and be as active as possible. Also avoid anything processed.
  • meganepreston
    Options
    So my goal has not been going well. Anyone have a bedtime routine that they like and that they stick to? Needs to include 10-30 minutes of reading time. These past few days I've just not stuck to the plan
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My January goals are to eat more and log my food everyday. Drink loads of water and stick to my routines
  • Hyliannprincess
    Hyliannprincess Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to drink less coffee, drink more water, sleep better, and get back into lifting weights.
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    meganepreston: my bedtime routine looks like this: at 8 (I'm a teacher, don't judge me) I take my vitamins and pre-log my food plan for the next day; 8:10 is referred to as "Beer-thirty" (it used to be 8:30, but we are so exhausted, now we do it at 8:10) so we have a beer and eat pretzels/gf pretzels while we watch our last Netflix show. (You could read now with a cup of tea or something you like.) Then we come downstairs and fill large water glass to set by bedside, brush teeth, wash faces, set alarm, etc. I do anything I needed to do for lunch prep at dinner--too tired by bedtime. I also don't leave things like laying out my workout clothes for the next day until now. That's all done before 8:00.
  • meganepreston
    Options
    meganepreston: my bedtime routine looks like this: at 8 (I'm a teacher, don't judge me) I take my vitamins and pre-log my food plan for the next day; 8:10 is referred to as "Beer-thirty" (it used to be 8:30, but we are so exhausted, now we do it at 8:10) so we have a beer and eat pretzels/gf pretzels while we watch our last Netflix show. (You could read now with a cup of tea or something you like.) Then we come downstairs and fill large water glass to set by bedside, brush teeth, wash faces, set alarm, etc. I do anything I needed to do for lunch prep at dinner--too tired by bedtime. I also don't leave things like laying out my workout clothes for the next day until now. That's all done before 8:00.

Thank you for this. I used to be a teacher so an early bedtime is my norm now. This will be my goal:

8:00- Prep lunch, set out clothes
    8:10- Snack/dessert
    8:20- Shower, brush teeth
    8:30- Reading time
    9:00- Set alarm & lights out

I didn't think I needed to be so structured but I just cannot get myself to sleep by 9. Then when I get up at 5 I'm tired all day. I'll try this for the rest of January and see how it goes. :)
  • Doc0862
    Doc0862 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Trying to perfect my new found math method and learn how to strike a healthy balance using the foods i like. I am learning this month by examining the nutrition contents of all the foods i like or want and then deciding which ones are worth the nutrition cost and which ones to eliminate. This website is a valuable resource for me so I am happy to have found it today.
    Long term goal 140 pounds, shorter term goal 200 pounds. Expected loss total goal for this month is 30 pounds. I'm already at 25 pounds since Jan 1, 2016.

NOTE: This was not a new years resolution. I just realized over Christmas holiday that If I didn't do something to change my life I would die within this year as I was going.
  • verdebug
    verdebug Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The candy dish may have won the battle today - but it WILL NOT win the war! Disappointed in myself, but making an adjustment for tomorrow.
  • meganepreston
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So my goal was sorta met this month. Every night I'm getting pretty tired around 9 (today is an exception). Now I just have to figure out a February goal :)
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Goals for February

Drink Water
    For snacks eat fruit or protein
    Only eat total '0' yogurt or Alpro plain
    Stop eating low fat fruit yogurts (high sugar content)
    Move more

Good Luck Everyone.
  • meganepreston
    Options
    January success: Established a consistent bed time & wake time

My one change for February will be to consistently work out 3 times per week. I was doing this is December but not in January. Time to make it a habit again.