weekend motivation

Options
I completely loose my motivation to keep my eating healthy over the weekends. Anyone else have trouble when you get out of your routine? I almost always gain by monday morning! Any tips on how to keep motivated through the weekend??

Replies

• ctevis36
    ctevis36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have trouble too. But, I've realized that if I don't keep the tempting foods in my home than it's way easier. Half the time I still have my fruits and veggies leftover from the week which I opt for instead.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Preplan. If you know you're going to have healthy meals before you get up then you can't question whether or not you want the calorie laden food. Think about it, you're just making more work for yourself if you eat poorly. Anything for an easy life? Stick to the good stuff.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I try to stay busy and not snack. Also, I plan out my day ahead of time for calories so that I know how much I can afford to snack. Yesterday I knew we had people coming over for dinner so I made sure to exercise in the morning so I could eat & drink a little more :)
  • katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Same issue. I try to keep my healthy habits going, but it's the weekend, stuff happens. I make sure I get in some exercise both days and if I know I'm going to have drinks or eat with friends etc then I make sure to eat really healthy food the rest of that day