In need of new faces and friends!

Options
Hi Ladies,

I am not new to MFP but I am new to the Not-that-heayy girls group!
SO many of my previous MFP friends have fallen off the wagon and I'd love some new friends to help spice up my newsfeed and motivation!
I'm 40 yr old, stay at home mom of three kids.
I am 5'8" and weigh 142. My goal weight is about 135 lbs and of course less body fat would be nice too!

Anyone interested in a new fresh face to your friend list?

Replies

• juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I've been on map for a couple of years but have fallen off the wagon and am trying to get back on :) I am looking for some fresh faces in my news feed too. I do triathlons and run (though recently my motivation has been nearly non-existent, also trying to remedy that). If anybody is looking for friends, add me!
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been using MFP for years, but just got into the community a little while ago. My journey started 13 years ago with 'diet power' and I loved the community spirit and support.

I'm 43, with 3 kids. Currently 5'7" 148lbs, with a goal weight of 136.

Been doing 60 min cardio 6x a week for at least 12 years now. Trying to work in more weight training now.

Definitely feel free to add me.
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year and feel free to add me if you like... I need exercise motivation.
    Im in my 50's and have to get my numbers down by March or I go on meds for cholesterol, pre hypertension and pre diabetic.... Need to loose 20-25 lbs. welcome all friendly supporters. I tend to under eat too.
  • SpclK1106
    SpclK1106 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hav been using MFP on and off for a few years, but would like to have friends to help build a support system. I am 5'7", 143 lbs, would like to lose just a little weight, maybe be around 135 to 137 lbs ideally. I mostly just want to be lean, strong and healthy. The last bit of extra lbs is always the hardest to lose. Feel free to add me, if looking for friends, because I am looking for some too ☺
  • luckyblueeye
    luckyblueeye Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, new friend here :) I'm 41, stay at home Mom to 4 kids (9,8,3.5 & 1.5). I'm 5'7" and 136 lbs. Goal is to stay between 128-130. I've also done tracking in MFP numerous times but I'm new to this group.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi another 40 something here too. Just trying to eat healthy maintain a good weight. I've never been heavy but as I get older I'm noticing trouble spots.. ((belly)) ugh. I workout but sometimes even that is not enough. Friends here would be great.. please motivate me on my journey.. :)
  • hh353
    hh353 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've used mfp once before for competition - over 35 figure and bikini - you want to talk about a tough diet!!! You should try body building diet! Blah!! I dont compete anymore too many politics. Anyway!! Gained 10 lbs over the holidays - was 154 - shooting for 140 ish - I do lift weights and workout a lot I'm 5'6 size 6/7 - shooting for size 5 minus love handles
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm 40 and trying to lose this last 10 lbs. I'm 5'9" currently 160 aiming for 145-150. I'm really working on dialing in my diet, while adding exercise. I play volleyball and also am doing Stronglifts 5x5. My main problem is consistency, and also I am hungry all the dang time. :)
  • hh353
    hh353 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What are your eating habits? 3 times a day? I eat more frequent smaller meals and the hunger isn't too bad! Every couple hours 100 calories + protein!! Night time is the monkey on my back!! I do a mental trick at night - If I'm thinking of a snack etc - I say ...to myself lol - Go to bed! If I still want it in the morning I'll have it!! ...I have never got up in the morning and wanted it! Whatever "it" was - by morning I honestly don't want it!
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey I am definitely available for new friends.
    i am 23 and trying to get off the last several pounds to hit my goal weight.
    I am also trying to create a better balance of life/health/workout and such. I am currently trying to roll back on the insane nonstop working out with no rest days and focus on maintaining a healthy and fit lifestyle that I can sustain for the rest of my life.
  • drotzmaj
    drotzmaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too would love some new faces! I am relatively active on here most of the time and working on losing those last 10 pounds also! I've started eating clean recently and following a new exercise plan. Love the support on here!
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello, I always like to make new friends. I'm 38 y.o. 5'2" 121 lbs. and trying to get rid of the last 5 lbs. Would love to meet others with similar goals.
  • mel7482
    mel7482 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also looking for a support group on MFP, especially if your body type and age is similar to mine so we can share tips and tricks! I'm 5'5, 25 years old, and started at 130 but have managed to get to 127 over the past two weeks. My goal is to be all around healthier, MAINTAIN exercise habits, and to drop fat and gain muscle tone. I have a desk job so my activity comes from the gym. I'd love to have MFP friends who want to exchange low calorie recipes and fitness advice based on similar goals. If that's you, please add me :smile:
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to get more understanding on MFP. I have been here over 4 years, lost 50 lbs, and now maintaining and slowly gaining muscle. I am just not sure what I am doing and would love support. Currently 5'0", 113 lbs avg, 19% body fat, 93 lbs lean muscle mass. I would like to focus on strength building. Please add me, thanks!
  • carriesheph
    carriesheph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, Am fairly new to MFP and am also looking for support as well. Just need to feel happier, look healthier and especially become stron in all aspects of my life.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 40 yrs old, 55lbs less from using MFP. 15 lbs from 2nd goal weight, 20lbs ultimate goal weight!! I'm 5'7.5".
    I work out 5-6X a week. 2 upper body/2 lower body strength training days, 5-6 mile run day and an active rest day (usually swimming).
    I eat healthy. Minimize simple carbs and eat tons of protein.
    Since I started I've gotten my whole family to join me...great support team!!
    I love learning new ideas and tips from my fellow MFP.
    Please add me if you'd like!
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 31 years old and fell off the weight loss wagon in November after my hysterectomy. I'm 5'5 and 155lbs. I started at 175. I'd like to be in the 125 - 140 range. My first kick in the butt was my bf telling me to lose weight. Now after seeing two really close friends of mine do figure and bikini contests I actually have a goal instead of thinking about a guy. Any support would be great as well. I love helping people as well and am a great person to talk to and vent to... I know I need help A LOT :)
  • jessestrassman
    jessestrassman Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi---I've been a MFP member for years, but new to the group. Mom to three and avid exerciser, but not so much luck losing the last ten-twenty pounds I'm 5'8", 155 pounds). Feel free to add me.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am trying add a few of you however it isn't working. I am late 50's. I am with in 5 lb of goal. 5'2" 112 pounds. I have fought to stay where I am for 15 years. I have cholesterol problems too.
  • TraciBru
    TraciBru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am not new to MFP but I am new to the Not-that-heayy girls group!
    SO many of my previous MFP friends have fallen off the wagon and I'd love some new friends to help spice up my newsfeed and motivation!
    I'm 40 yr old, stay at home mom of three kids.
    I am 5'8" and weigh 142. My goal weight is about 135 lbs and of course less body fat would be nice too!

Anyone interested in a new fresh face to your friend list?

Me too. I am 43 138.4 lbs want to get to 120