ISO: Your favorite veggie recipes!

Some of my favorites include: steamed broccoli with a pat (very small amount) of butter and a sprinkle (maybe a tsp) of parmasean cheese.

Baked Asparagus Spears: Wash and dry your asparagus. Put a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in your hands and coat spears with oil. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.

Boiled carrots (love this as a side with grilled chicken breast and long grain brown rice)

Replies

• sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Roasted squash - any winter variety, but my favorite is butternut. Toss with a little olive oil and whatever spices sound good. Bonus that I can make a pan of this for myself and a pan of brussels sprouts for the rest of the family.

Roasted green beans - just a little bit cooked, you want them to still be a little crisp.
  • rebekitabj
    rebekitabj Posts: 1 Member
    Hi
    I'm new to fitness pal. Just browsing. If I find some good recipes, I'll post.
  • seelemonster
    seelemonster Posts: 13 Member
    rebekitabj wrote: »
    Hi
    rebekitabj wrote: »
    Hi

Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like! What veggies do you like? I am trying to find new ways to eat/try more vegetables.
  • BPLoring
    BPLoring Posts: 2 Member
    Smoked mushrooms are amazing, if you are looking for something a little diffrent
  • BPLoring
    BPLoring Posts: 2 Member
    also Black Bean burgers are good.... way healthier than regular hamburger and they have a nice to them is you do it right. A good recipe is here (on Bush's website) http://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/recipe/spicy-black-bean-burgers?cid=ps:google:Recipes:Spicy Black Bean Burgers They also serve them at Chili's
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    salad salad salad !
  • Nancyannjurczak
    Nancyannjurczak Posts: 32 Member
    I made spegetti squash with turkey for supper and it was fantastic
  • julieburger573
    julieburger573 Posts: 2 Member
    New on blog any idea how to make hot beet soup
  • WyldRoots
    WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
    BPLoring wrote: »
    Smoked mushrooms are amazing, if you are looking for something a little diffrent

How do you do this, or where can you find them?? They sound like heaven :yum:
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    My absolute favorite is fresh Brussel sprouts cut in half (about a pound) and pan sauteed with a little olive oil, couple diced or thinly sliced garlic cloves and probably 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes that have been reconstituted in hot water (don't add the water to the sprouts but it is good to flavor rice or noodles, etc). Salt and pepper to taste. All that can be thrown on a sheet pan and roasted instead. It's divine.

I also like to slice a good sized onion and throw it in a skillet with a little oil, add a mix of button mushrooms and crimini (baby bellas), 2 cloves garlic minced, and add a tablespoon of sugar and around 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste. Let it all cook on a medium low to medium heat until mushrooms and onions are thoroughly cooked. Sun dried tomatoes are amazing in this as well. I came up with this after going to outback steakhouse once years ago and wanting to copy their mushrooms. It's not the same as theirs but it is absolutely delicious with steak or chicken.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Steamed cauliflower with nutritional yeast....If you like cheddar skinny pop then you like nutritional yeast, it is the vegan Parmesan cheese. I picked mine up on amazon, health food stores also carry it.

Any type of greens steamed topped with good balsamic.