One week down

Options
TracyeS4
TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
It has been 1 week. How is everyone doing so far?

I am hoping to get a little conversation going. I have been in a few of these challenges, and I definitely have seen people lose interest and start disappearing. I am hoping that we can start a conversation and keep everyone engaged.

So, to answer my own question... I am doing great. I have a 0.8 pound loss. I have stuck to the weight training program that I started and I have gotten in my cardio. Overall, I feel amazing.

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Happy to hear you are doing well and sticking to your program.

I was down 2 to 3 pounds over the past few days, but only 1 today for the weigh-in lol. Still, I'm happy to see the scale moving again. I lost less than 5 pounds in the last six months, so was definitely stuck in whatever I was doing.

I am giving intermittent fasting a try. My energy seems very low in the mornings and my workouts have suffered. I have not done any strength training, and had to shorten my planned cardio yesterday. On a positive note, it has helped me reduce my calories, which I struggle with, and I've my waist and hip measurements were down this morning. Now, if I can get my thighs to join in the reduction fun, then I'll know I'm getting somewhere!
  • Lucy020679
    Lucy020679 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Going well so far. Trying to get more exercise into my day, so walking to and from work (knackering and cold) and I did yoga for the first time today. I'm also swimming in Sunday's. I'll probably not be a salad cruncher but I'm being more vigilant about portion sizes. Had a decent loss this week cos I pigged out over Christmas, my loss will even out as I go on. Hopefully I'll stay on the right path!
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It great to see determination and great focus. I am doing fine I did both my 5:2 fasts for the week and stuck to tdee as well on other days. IF is going ok as well ( my way - anything after 12hr is good for me) . Exercise I do a little bit of walking not much and incorporate some strength/ body exercises as well. So far it's a 0.7kg loss will see how it goes on Monday.
  • mudmama8
    mudmama8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had an OK week, been busy and I have noticed I have a hard time getting all of my calories in, which is my biggest problem. I exclusively breastfeed, which makes me hungry all the time, but I'm full all the time too if that makes any sense. And soooooo thirsty!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    foomsy wrote: »
    It great to see determination and great focus. I am doing fine I did both my 5:2 fasts for the week and stuck to tdee as well on other days. IF is going ok as well ( my way - anything after 12hr is good for me) . Exercise I do a little bit of walking not much and incorporate some strength/ body exercises as well. So far it's a 0.7kg loss will see how it goes on Monday.

What is a 5:2 fast? I'm guessing you eat 5 days, fast 2? But let me know how it works, I'd be interested to hear.
  • ddebruhl
    ddebruhl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed because I only lost 0.6lbs. I thought I would have lost more. But if slow progress is all I can get right now, I'll take it because it's better than none. Especially since I'm not working out a lot and I'm not dieting, just counting calories.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking, Tracy. The first week went well. It felt good to get back into some semblance of 'normal' after the holidays. My birthday is today so this weekend was more than a little off the wall. I did work out a little extra yesterday to help increase my calorie deficit. All I can do now is get back on track again tomorrow. I regret nothing :smiley:
  • sandykaunisto
    sandykaunisto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This was a good start. I have added an anti inflammatory diet to my planning. I know this sounds different but I increased the percentage of fat to 45-50%, 25-30% protien and the rest carbs mostly vegetables. Next I changed strength training and elliptical pattern for the next 7 weeks. I do 3 spin classes and all three do a very different class. My hardest class is with a woman that is a professional cyclist. We are doing her training program for her 18 races for 2016. Challenging but fun! Let's see what this plan does for fat loss cuz I really don't care about the number on a scale.
  • foomsy
    Options
    Unfortunately I have not lost but put on. I normally weigh in on Saturday but decided to change to Monday to see if it will help in eating less over the weekend. Big mistake not a good idea right now. So will change back to Saturday weigh in now.
  • foomsy
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    foomsy wrote: »

What is a 5:2 fast? I'm guessing you eat 5 days, fast 2? But let me know how it works, I'd be interested to hear.

Yes it is called the 5:2 fast diet. You eat 500 calories(women) 600 calories(men) 2 days and the remaining 5 days you eat your TDEE. I have been doing it properly from sept and lost 4.2kg to end of 2015. I like it as it's quite flexible.
  • ditchme
    ditchme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5:2 fast is there anything else besides the 500 cals?
    I mean what's tdee
  • ChristinaShepp155
    ChristinaShepp155 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I been slacking heavy the last week BUT I turned myself around today. Back at it and feels great!!!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    I been slacking heavy the last week BUT I turned myself around today. Back at it and feels great!!!

Me too! I had a rough week last week and had a couple of Screw It moments. Alcohol is definitely my nemesis. I had 3 absolutely amazing margaritas and a bottle of wine a few nights ago. So many calories! But, I did not gain so I am going to make sure I have an excellent week going forward. And no more alcohol!

• lorraineyahr
    lorraineyahr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did better the first week. The second week we went out one night - and then I got busy and didn't pay as much attention - so I only lost a pound. So I gave myself a free day after my weigh in - but tried not to OVER eat. Wine is definitely OUT. I lose all will power...and get a headache to boot. So I am back to tracking everything that goes into my mouth - and I try to jog a minimum of 3xs a week. I try to keep my calories under 1200 a day. and eat 3 meals AND snacks so my cravings don't take over. Also reading the Beck Diet solution... and mindful eating blogs, because I tend to taste the first bite and the last and miss every bite in between! Plus try not to get negative -
  • lorraineyahr
    lorraineyahr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyway - I am impressed with everyone's commitment! Definitely helps mine!! Thanks!!!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    I did better the first week. The second week we went out one night - and then I got busy and didn't pay as much attention - so I only lost a pound. So I gave myself a free day after my weigh in - but tried not to OVER eat. Wine is definitely OUT. I lose all will power...and get a headache to boot. So I am back to tracking everything that goes into my mouth - and I try to jog a minimum of 3xs a week. I try to keep my calories under 1200 a day. and eat 3 meals AND snacks so my cravings don't take over. Also reading the Beck Diet solution... and mindful eating blogs, because I tend to taste the first bite and the last and miss every bite in between! Plus try not to get negative -

I started to read the Beck Diet Solution, but struggled after starving myself for 24 hours. Maybe I will pick it back up again... but I will not do that exercise again. Also, 1 pound is better than 0 pounds.
  • Bossrae
    Bossrae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, well my plan is going good. I have actually started my plan the beginning of November. I figured I know I love to eat more around the holidays so diet and exercise that way you wont put on much weight girl, so that's what I did. Instead of gaining weight I was losing and not eating as much. I started off at 295lbs and I am now at 262lbs. I feel amazing and very proud of myself. This challenge is keeping me going I have a lot more work to do. My goal is to get to or around 180lbs. I know I can do it this is great motivation for me. Thanks to everyone in this challenge, we will motivate each other. We Can Do It....
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    Bossrae wrote: »
    Hi everyone, well my plan is going good. I have actually started my plan the beginning of November. I figured I know I love to eat more around the holidays so diet and exercise that way you wont put on much weight girl, so that's what I did. Instead of gaining weight I was losing and not eating as much. I started off at 295lbs and I am now at 262lbs. I feel amazing and very proud of myself. This challenge is keeping me going I have a lot more work to do. My goal is to get to or around 180lbs. I know I can do it this is great motivation for me. Thanks to everyone in this challenge, we will motivate each other. We Can Do It....

Congratulations on your success! It is awesome that you were able to lose weight over the holidays. I was able to maintain : ) The scale sure is moving slowly for me these days.