Few problems with my diet

Options
2»

Replies

• JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    myname20 wrote: »
    1. So of course the main point is to avoid carbs. I love pasta, rice, bread, potatoes. Ok, I can hold myself and not touch rice and potatoes. I eat pasta 1-2 times a week. But I cant stop myself from eating bread!! Bread ADDICTS, help me with advice, please!!! :smiley: Is there any product which tastes similar but is low carb? Except the expensive stuff.. How do you stop yourself from touching bread? Yeah I could buy full package of some healthy bread and eat one piece a day, but then the rest would get old and.. you know whats the point? :smiley: Help!!

Bread has always been my weak point too. Most of my life, bread came as a requirement with every meal.

Then one day I woke up and told myself I want to live the Keto life. And just like that, I forgot entirely that bread existed.

I'm against attempting to make carbohydrate recreations, like using some sort of low-carb flour to make bread. It makes a poor excuse for real bread, and all it does is make me want to eat some real carbs.

Just quit cold turkey and don't look back!

2. I have no problems eating low carb at daytime and mostly also dinner. But I always get hungry after dinner - it is like a rule! I wonder what kind of snacks can I make for myself?! And I dont want to cook something complicated for snacking.. What do you eat when you want to snack? (carrots and few nuts really doesnt make me happy or full at evenings :smiley:

Protein shake. Having one before bed time is probably one of the healthiest things you can do for your body.

It's also filling, and if you get the right flavor, pretty much a dessert before bed.

On some nights, when I ate too early and not enough calories, I'll add some different oil to the protein shake to add more calories and healthy fats. Any oil would work, hemp, flax, olive, coconut.

• AKARonab
    AKARonab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try low carb tortilla. I like flat out tortilla shells. I use them for making pizza, wraps, fajitas, tacos etc.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just recently started low carb dieting and I have 2 problems I would like to solve. .. if possible :smiley:

2. I have no problems eating low carb at daytime and mostly also dinner. But I always get hungry after dinner - it is like a rule! I wonder what kind of snacks can I make for myself?! And I dont want to cook something complicated for snacking.. What do you eat when you want to snack? (carrots and few nuts really doesnt make me happy or full at evenings :smiley:

I'm a nighttime snacker. That's definitely when I gained all my weight :smile: With this woe I don't get so hungry anymore, so I started eating dinner later, at the time when I used to start snacking. And then I pre-plan my day to include one snack after that. Before my recent Quest low carb PB cup addiction, I'd have 20 g of cheese with a big cup of tea and that tided me over until bedtime.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    I gave up Bread and Cows Milk years ago. Don't miss either one at all! Once you understand how bad they are for you, you won't miss them either! :)