My, erm, experiment in appetite control

Options
lithezebra
lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
What are your experiences eating a lot of fat early in the day?

Full disclosure: I made a half recipe of crustless quiche, and it was so delicious that I ate 3/4 of it for breakfast. That's 3/4 of a cup of heavy cream, some egg, a lot of cheese, and about 90 grams of fat. But the good news is that not only am I not hungry, 8 hours later, the thought of eating makes me feel more than a little queasy.

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @lithezebra Inspiring effort!! Amost a daily dose of fat in one go. I've had big breakfasts that have left me quickly hungry so had never thought of trying big +high fat as a breckie idea. Quiche sounds yum. I will be interested to hear what others find. Meantime, I enjoyed another BPC this morning- thanks!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    You know how some people have no self-control when they eat nuts? That's me. I'll scarf down handfuls of almonds. But I don't sweat it because I know I won't be hungry for the next 18 hours or so. :)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I do very well eating only fat and protein in the am. I also found that if I eat carbs in the morning I eat all day long and never feel full.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I tend to increase my carbs as the day goes on with breakfast having the least and dinner having the most and it's probably breakfast that provides the most satisfaction to me every day.

I'm usually eggs and avocado for breakfast, salad for lunch, meat and veg for dinner, either in a stir fry or a soup. In fact soup is my enemy. There's too many carbs in the broth. I don't have time (or desire) to make my own and the store bought stuff has more carbs than I'd like as I'm trying to stay under 20 net right now. So I'm doing less and less soups at night. I should probably just have an omelette for dinner, I'd be happier.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    When I eat a bigger breakfast like that (and oh, I LOVE crustless quiche) with lots of fat, it really doesn't seem to hold me *that* much longer than a regular breakfast. I might get hungry anywhere between 12 and 2 versus 11-12.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,046 Member
    Options
    I usually eat all my calories at supper, including all of most of my fat allowance, and I am not hungry until the next day at supper, or sometimes not even then.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    When I eat a bigger breakfast like that (and oh, I LOVE crustless quiche) with lots of fat, it really doesn't seem to hold me *that* much longer than a regular breakfast. I might get hungry anywhere between 12 and 2 versus 11-12.

Same here :disappointed: I'll still end up eating the same calories as I usually do in the afternoon and evening, but be way over in calories.
  • lithezebra
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm past my usual dinner time, and still not hungry. I did put some milk in my afternoon coffee.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm hungriest (word?) at supper time each day after coffee with hwc in the a.m. and a snack type meal around 2p.m. Calories vary from 1200-1700 these days.
  • lithezebra
    Options
    I'm hungry! That took 23 hours.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    What are your experiences eating a lot of fat early in the day?

I think it's a great way to start the day. Gives your body energy to start working through.

Usually I just do coffee and heavy whipping cream, but sometimes I might be too hungry to wait for lunch like I usually do and eat an avocado.

Avocados are one of the most important Keto snacks that are easily overlooked, I know I did until just recently. Now I'm trying to fit at least 1 or 2 a day, and breakfast is a great time to do it.