7 Lessons for Keto Newbies - Ketovangelist

Sunny_Bunny_
Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
Hello fellow Ketoites... Or Ketoers... (I don't know which sounds best) :smiley:
I love listening to podcasts and reading blogs and participating in the LCD Group and I credit a big part of my success and commitment so far to all of those things.
I highly encourage everyone to check out the popular sources of great Keto and LCHF info. A bunch of direct links are available in the LCD Launch Pad for you.
One of my favorites is www.ketovangelist.com
If you subscribe to his newsletter you will get an email whenever there is new content to check out along with a recipe book.
Today's email is titled 7 Lessons for Keto Newbies and has very good advice that I know will benefit so many of the group members especially since we have so many new friends in the last few weeks. I really want all of us to succeed and have the best experience possible along the way. So here's a link to the blog post.
https://www.ketovangelist.com/7-lessons-for-keto-newbies/
The tips, which he goes into more detail on are:
7. Keep it simple
6. You might struggle to find ways to add good fats
5. Forget the scale
4. Learn where the carbs are
3. You NEED lots of salt
2. Keto is incredibly flexible
1. The food is easy, the mentality is tough

When I first discovered Brian Williamson's podcast, there wasn't much there. But, over the past few months it's become very active. The first ones I listened to were very motivating for me. It's my opinion that all of these very short recordings should be required listening for anyone starting Keto, LCHF or any type of diet for that matter. They address the mental part of our commitment and provide a kick in the pants kind of pep talk that leaves you feeling determined and pumped! On each podcast link you will find he includes a link to read the content if you would rather do that.
1. Start with why (4 minutes)
www.ketovangelist.com/episode-1-start-with-why/
2. Fat loss is a mental game (5 minutes)
www.ketovangelist.com/episode-2-fat-loss-is-a-mental-game/
3. The secret weapon to fat loss (5 minutes)
www.ketovangelist.com/episode-3-the-secret-weapon-to-fat-loss/
4. Stop pretending (3.5 minutes)
www.ketovangelist.com/episode-4-stop-pretending/
5. Winners never cheat (5 minutes)
www.ketovangelist.com/episode-5-winners-never-cheat/
As you can see, each of these podcasts are very short. They are definitely worth the time to listen to.
There are many great sources for info on the subject of the Keto and low carb way of life. I wanted to share this one specifically because it's very simple and clear and only digs into the detailed science if you seek that out from the provided links to studies and such on the site. It's a very, very good beginner resource but can also put you on the right path if you want to learn even more.
You can even find it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ketovangelist/

Thanks everyone for being such a great support system! You're the best!

Replies

• kZorel
    kZorel Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for sharing!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I'm really loving his podcasts.
    He cracks me up.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Thanks for sharing!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    @Sunny_Bunny_ This is great. Thanks for sharing the motivation. Love listening to podcasts while at work.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Hello fellow Ketoites... Or Ketoers... (I don't know which sounds best) :smiley:

I vote for Ketoites :) ... Thanks so much for this info, @Sunny_Bunny_ - I saved all this info and am going to check it out!
    ~ Kathy

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    I personally like the term "Ketofiles." lol Thanks for the link Sunny!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    ladipoet wrote: »
    I personally like the term "Ketofiles." lol Thanks for the link Sunny!

Yes! That's a good one!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Thanks These are some of the issues I have that have been addressed!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    I wanted to bump this because I really think this is a great series of podcasts and I've seen a number of new members recently that might get something out of these.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    January and February --- yes, a lot of newbies and Newly Recommitted ppl to this WOE, thanks Sunny.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Thank you, Sunny_ Bunny. I have learned many great things just from reading your posts to other members. Thanks for the info..
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Thank you! I'm going to look into this.
  • workathomemama
    workathomemama Posts: 49 Member
    I'm thankful for the bump otherwise I wouldn't have seen the link!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    I'm glad you all are finding it as helpful as I did. Very happy to share it as I found it to be very empowering.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Bump for later viewing.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Bump again. Has this been added to the sticky 'List' of helpful videos?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    @baconslave ^^ Please see above. :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Put Ketovangelist under Recommended Resources<Videos and Podcasts<General

I many end up compiling a Keto section that also houses helpful links but today the site is being a PITA. I have not the patience.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Really struggling at the present moment.
  • kittypires
    kittypires Posts: 6 Member
    #1 is the toughest for me. The idea that a fruit salad (strawberries, melon, grapes, mangos) doesn't fit into my nutrition plan makes me so sad. Especially this time of year.