Options
RisiM
RisiM Posts: 180 Member
Is Banting the same as LCHF?

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    It can be ... LCHF is a spectrum, some people do ok with higher amounts of carbs than others based on their physiology and activity level.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    It typically is done very similar to low-carb high-fat diets. In general, you're going to find yourself eating the right balance of foods to be considered a HFLC eater. If you're following the old, traditional methods, you won't be tracking or measuring these things. So, you won't have evidence of it. But, it will happen naturally.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo iris!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    RisiM wrote: »
    Is Banting the same as LCHF?

Never heard of it. What is it?
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A doctor from the late 1800"s had an obese patient and limited his carbs and increased his fats and protein. He had success. It's a truly informative story. I read this story before I read the sites for LCHF. I can't quite remember if the patient was Banting or the doctor was Banting....anyone?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    "William Banting was a British undertaker who was very obese and desperately wanted to lose weight. In the year 1862 he paid a visit to his doctor, William Harvey, who proposed a radical eating plan that was high in fat but included very few carbohydrates. By following this eating plan Banting experienced such remarkable weight loss that he wrote an open letter to the public, the "Letter on Corpulence", which became widely distributed. As more people started following this eating plan to lose weight, the term "banting" or to "bant" became popularised."
    Taken from this popular LCHF resource.
    http://realmealrevolution.com/the-facts
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks! I'll take a look see.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Glad you posted it. Enjoying looking into something new to me, and joined a few Facebook Banting groups.