End of Summer/ Fall Babies - Getting back in Shape!

Options

Replies

• KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @poke987 yay for the treadmill.... Boo for the kidney infection!!! Hopefully that clears up soon.

Santa got me the fitness/running watch I've had my eyes on! I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully it will help me lose this Christmas weight gain. I haven't stepped on the scale yet. I'll prob wait a few days since I ate my body weight in chocolate lol Hopefully I'm back to normal by the end of the week!!!
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Woohoo 90 days on mfp today and I'm down 25lbs! My mommy tummy hang over is almost gone. I wasn't sure if it would actually actually go away away. I was worried it was going to just be loose skin hanging there forever.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Happy new year everyone. Anna is 4 months now- time is flying. We have had a fab time and Isaac (age 3) has loved every minute of it.

Anna has just about got over her chest infections (been over 6 weeks mind). Roll on Spring!

Right on to me/ fitness. With kids being ill and in hospital with them etc I lost track I bit. I'm up 3lb since before Xmas so Working on losing that then getting on track. My goal is 14lb before May when I turn 35. Not sure if do able but will try. That's what I weighed at 30 pre kids.

I have got 2 new fitness DVDs (Davina, she is British so not sure u see them in US). I'm liking them tho and my 3 year old loves doing them too!

Goals for this week: 5 X DVD 30 mins
    Dogs walked each day

Catch up again soon, let's get back on track x
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    ragenhay1 wrote: »
    Woohoo 90 days on mfp today and I'm down 25lbs! My mommy tummy hang over is almost gone. I wasn't sure if it would actually actually go away away. I was worried it was going to just be loose skin hanging there forever.

Oh that's fab well done you. You are killing it!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Baby is 2 months old today and has his appointment today for vaccines. We'll see how he does!

As for me, I've gotten better at fully tracking my food for the days (good or bad). I worked out 3 times last week and I'm at 2 for this week and plan to work out at least once more. Just working on establishing habits again.

My goal for January is to lose at least 5lbs. Setting smaller goals until I get back into it. In the meantime, my focus is water consumption and logging everything I eat. On the plus side, Christmas chocolate is finally out of the house! =P
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had that kidney infection then a nasty allergic reaction to the antibiotic they put me on. That was worse than the infection itself! I was out of commission for almost 2 weeks! With Christmas and new years thrown in there... well, things were pretty crazy! But, I'm better now!

My treadmill is all set up and I'm loving it! Sometimes I don't get on until 9pm, but now I've got no excuses! My goal is 1 mile minimum walking or running every day. I'm doing great, and well exceeded it most days. Running is still hard, 2 miles at best, but fitness is creeping back up.

I was below my new years target weight, so I was happy with that. Hoping to see a number in the 150s this week! I'll hopefully be about 20 lbs from goal at that point. Seems so much more attainable! Feeling motivation and dedication, which is nice. I've got this! !
  • poke987
    Options
    @ragenhay1 way to go! That's fantastic progress! !

@helenmelon29 so glad baby Anna is on the mend! I think that goal is totally doable!

@sarieth05 hope shots went well. Good job getting back into the routine!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Most of you may remember me from the fall babies pregnancy thread. My baby was due September 1, but I had a placental abruption at 32w and had to have an emergency c-section. My son Llyr is doing well. He's 6 months old now!

Our biggest struggles have been with feeding. He couldn't nurse until he was 6 weeks old, and even then his weight gain was slow, so I had to keep pumping for him around the clock in addition to nursing. Now I just have to nurse him all day long. I truly don't get a break! Thank goodness I work from home and can nurse him as I sit at my computer. The downside is that I have no time to myself, and I haven't gotten back into a fitness routine. I've also been using my milk supply as an excuse to eat a ton. Unsurprisingly, I'm still 10 lbs above my pre-pregnancy maintenance weight.

I'm here for the motivation to make good choices most of the time, and to try to find ways to fit in exercise. But right now I'm more concerned about the baby's weight than mine. He won't always be this demanding... or this snugglable.
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hey summer, glad you are both doing ok. 10lb is nothing and you soon sort that once your not as tied down.

All ok here. Managing my work outs and trying to stay motivated. Some days it's easier than others but I guess that's life! Lol

Catch up soon
  • ragenhay1
    Options
    My little guy is just about six months now and still has me up every two hours at night. It's exhausting but can't last forever right? Ha ha. I'm 1.5lbs from my prepregnancy weight and almost 30lbs from when I started. I just tried on my prepregnancy jeans and they fit better than before I was pregnant!
  • sarieth05
    Options
    Owen is 10 weeks now and doing fairly well. According to our scale, he may even be close to 15lbs already. He took his 2 month vaccines like a champ and just ended up sleeping most of the day to feel better. We've had to go the cloth diapers route cause disposables seem to cause a reaction for him immediately, so another learning process!

As for me, food and exercise has been going well. My January SW was 240 and my most recent weight was 231.8 which puts me at losing 24 out of the 45 I gained during pregnancy. Unfortunately I have already started my period and that certainly doesn't help the scale =P
  • ragenhay1
    Options
    sarieth05 wrote: »
    Owen is 10 weeks now and doing fairly well. According to our scale, he may even be close to 15lbs already. He took his 2 month vaccines like a champ and just ended up sleeping most of the day to feel better. We've had to go the cloth diapers route cause disposables seem to cause a reaction for him immediately, so another learning process!

As for me, food and exercise has been going well. My January SW was 240 and my most recent weight was 231.8 which puts me at losing 24 out of the 45 I gained during pregnancy. Unfortunately I have already started my period and that certainly doesn't help the scale =P

We use cloth. If you get the right diapers they are fantastic. We had terrible diapers with my first and quit by about three months. This time around we got glow bug diapers and they are amazing. My only problem is I have a high efficiency washer that doesn't clean them properly because it doesn't use enough water but we just got a new washer that is a normal one so hopefully that fixes the issue.
  • sarieth05
    Options
    ragenhay1 wrote: »
    We use cloth. If you get the right diapers they are fantastic. We had terrible diapers with my first and quit by about three months. This time around we got glow bug diapers and they are amazing. My only problem is I have a high efficiency washer that doesn't clean them properly because it doesn't use enough water but we just got a new washer that is a normal one so hopefully that fixes the issue.

Being at home all day anyway, I haven't minded the cloth diapers much anyway. One thing I DO mind is that he has turned into a total wiggle worm/bean whenever I try to change his diapers so it's easy to not get the cloth tight around his legs. :p I blame a majority of his pee leaks not on user error on my part, but on the fact that he decides to become a contortionist only on the change table. :D
  • poke987
    Options
    We use cloth too! My diaper stash is on the third bum, so some is getting g kind of ratty... but I still love them!

@ragenhay1 I have a HE washer and solved my routine issues with a cold "soak" cycle before I wash! Hope the new washer helps! I'd actually love to "downgrade" to a top loader!
  • poke987
    Options
    Doing well over here. Just about 20 lbs to go... im my first pair of prepregnancy jeans today (obviously they were big to begin with!) Going to see a friend in april, was hoping to be at goal when we visit... but not sure that's realistic. So I'll take as close as I can get!

It's a drag to have to work this hard again... still in disbelief over my gain! Working at it though, and I'll get there! Using my fitbit and mfp to keep a deficit and walking or running every day, even if it's 9pm!
  • sarieth05
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Hopefully trucking along well!

My weight loss has been miserably slow in February. I've been in the same weight range this whole month pretty much. Started around 232ish and am currently 230.6 so it's a bit slow but a loss is still a loss, I suppose! We'll be flying mid-April to see my family and I'm already anxiously worrying about flying with the kiddo. =P To make matters worse, the only flight we can get has a 5 hour layover. Maybe the little one will just get a lot of sleep that day.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Hello everyone! Jacob will be four months this Monday and we are all doing well. I'm about 5 lbs above my prepregnancy weight. My goal was to have it off by my anniversary (March 9), but I'm not so sure that's realistic anymore. I had wanted to fit into my wedding dress.. but we may jut have to save that for next year since I'm 20 lbs heavier than I was on my wedding day. Even the lace up back won't be able to help with that. :)

My goals this week are to eat at a deficit every day and get in as much exercise in whatever form I can.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @sarieth05 a loss is a loss!! Celebrate it! :) plus you're that much closer to the 20s! :)
  • poke987
    Options
    @sarieth05 I agree, you are *that* close to dropping into the 20s! I know I always get a boost when I see a new number!
  • poke987
    Options
    This week's weigh in got me to the "10 lbs to go!" Since I started in October, at the 4 week postpartum mark I've lost 36.6 lbs! It's felt easier, somehow than other times I've lost... don't know if my motivation is just more, or I've gotten "good" at tracking etc. But I'm not having too much trouble staying the course. My goal was to hit 1lb under prepregnancy before we go to visit my best friend April 16th. My "in 5 weeks" reminder at the end of the day puts me at or below where I want to be! For the most part my pants all fit now, but I need some serious tone or something. I think sometimes I forget that I've had 3 kiddos and am getting ever closer to 40! Im so close to goal now, and so stinkin' proud ive taken if off! The old me would still be carrying it around (plus the gain from the others to boit!) So i feel fantastic about myself most of the time... but still feel frustrated some days. I have to get past that I guess because the skin sag and flab are part of me now I suppose! I'll see what I can do about making it better, but I suspect the damage has been done!