New week - target?

Options
Dibben9
Dibben9 Posts: 35 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Week 3 (for me)... My target continues to be eat healthy, keep the steps up and get back on the bike - snow/ice has stopped me on the last week! Only 3 months till my first big cycle of the Year - Etape Loch Ness (67mile cycle around Loch Ness). What is everyone else's plans?

Replies

• SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Week 3 for me too...
    - lose 2 lbs
    - journal food every day
    - 17,000 steps every day
    - yoga once
    - cardio twice
  • sutibo
    sutibo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This week I'm going for - log daily, avoid white bread and sugar.
  • ErinKay_RN
    ErinKay_RN Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hmmm this is tough...I don't have a fitness tracker except on my phone which I don't always carry so I can't do a step goal.... So I'll go with
    1. Work out 6 days this week
    2. Get more veggies in my meals
    3. Keep my water intake up... I've been hitting this goal every day so far so I just want to continue that.
  • SKalltheway
    SKalltheway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I succeeded last week in avoiding ALL bad food at my poker game... that was a huge achievement for me. As a reward I lost a few more pounds :-)

This week, more of the same. Im doing very well, I just need to stay the course. I know as the weeks move from 1 to 2 to 3 etc... motivation can start to wain. We have to keep motivated, stay positive and just keep on doing what we know works! (This is becoming a pep-talk to myself!).

This week I'll eat great and workout 6x.
    Daily steps 10K or more.

Really appreciate this group - and the active members. Its keeping my motivation sky high!

Steve
  • SusanLR9
    Options
    Wow Steve...avoiding all the bad food at your game is huge. Congratulations!!!

I really appreciate this group too. Thanks for starting it!
  • SusanLR9
    Options
    ErinKay_RN wrote: »
    Hmmm this is tough...I don't have a fitness tracker except on my phone which I don't always carry so I can't do a step goal.... So I'll go with
    1. Work out 6 days this week
    2. Get more veggies in my meals
    3. Keep my water intake up... I've been hitting this goal every day so far so I just want to continue that.

ErinKay...Though I have one now, you really don't need a fitness tracker (in my opinion). A simple pedometre that I wore at my waist changed my life. I have a fitbit now, but I actually preferred the simplicity of the pedometer. I got mine from Weight Watchers. I found step counting incredibly motivating and walking 15,000 steps/day religiously changed my body. I feel great and I'll never forget the moment I said something about my big bum to my daughter (I know, bad modelling), and she said, "Mom, you don't have a big bum!" Looks like you have little kids (kid?) and I know it's tough, but you might like it and find it useful.