Most filling - Lowest Carb?

Options
joey4014
joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
What food would you consider the most filling with the lowest carbs? I'm thinking eggs but I'm sure you all have some great options I haven't thought of.

Replies

• bennyc7891
    bennyc7891 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Avacados net carb=2 or 3. It is my go to when I want to really feel satiety
  • carltonstedman
    carltonstedman Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Protein, and, to a lesser extent, fat, is very satiating, to the point that I have to occasionally force myself to eat more food to hit my macros and not starve myself, especially on days I do strength training. Don't want to have _too_ much of a deficit!

Lean meats does it for me. I always try to eat with some fat. Chicken breast with skin. Sirloin steak with melted butter on top. Dry-rubbed pork ribs. Zero carbs, if you don't add sugary sauces.

On the other side, if I feel "full" but need some more calories, plain, full-fat greek yogurt (Fage) works for me. Not many carbs. If I _really_ need more fat/calories, almond butter works, for a bit more carbs, but not crazy. I can easily but away 400 or more calories without blinking in almond butter.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Have a look at my dinner for Wednesday night (20th)... I had a wonderful dessert all lined up, but couldn't even contemplate a spoon full as I was so stuffed! This is unheard of for me. In a nutshell protein 1st and fat a close second.
  • wrenfly
    wrenfly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I screwed up creamcheese pancakes and ended up having 2 scrambled eggs that were blended with 2 ounces cream cheese and it was really filling.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Volume-wise, sauerkraut, cabbage, & any thick/tough meat...flavor enhanced with fat of choice of course