sports bras

Options
So I'm doing a 5x5 lifting program 4 days a week and then 2 days a week I'm doing HIIT cardio. Here's the problem. I'm a DD naturally and currently I'm nursing. Finding a decent sports bra is driving me crazy. Currently I wear a regular bra with a sports bra (high impact) over it. Any suggestions for a really supportive sports bra?

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Check out the Leonisa website.
    I bought the sports bra -posture corrector and really like it.

I am a double bagger too. I usually wear an underwire and then a tank/cammy with a built in bra under my usual clothing to keep the bounce down and everything looking professional and in control.
    I'm sure you are going to be super sensitive to compression anything while nursing which seems to be what most sports bras are. All compression and little support. I guess the people who make bras feel if you flatten them out enough that should be good. UG!
    I find that bras with a very structured cup vs all foam (think vicky secret aka playtime bras) is much better for bigger girls. Also, a wider back and wider shoulder straps like a playtex or a maiden form bra are also more comfortable for the ladies. (think grandma bra). Racer backs are less restrictive and help with not having to constantly adjust while running or exercising. Again, more loops, wider bands underneath your boobs, wider shoulder straps, and wider in the back all help with comfort and support. Anything with a racerback with loops in the back are useless. Any bra without loops that you have to pull and stretch over your head and then stuff everything back in is also a waste of time.
    Loops are also preferable to a snap bra. Snaps are absurd and only for playtime with your mate.
    Good luck and congratulations on the little one!
    P.S. It looks like they also have a good nursing bra on the website.
  • mrsmomma04
    mrsmomma04 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 of the high impact sports bras as well as a tight Cami underneath my workout shirts. I'm DDD but still find sometimes this isn't enough. Also I hate that it makes you look like you have a uniboob. Sorry I'm no help.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I swear by this bad boy:

glamorise_no_bounce_cami.jpg

The Glamorise Women's No-Bounce Full Support Sports Bra

It gives each of your boobs a super supportive individual cup, has padded straps, and hooks in the back. I wear a 34F, and mine don't budge in this thing. I have it in two colors, it's my go-to jogging bra. It's super cheap, and my boobies don't hit me in the face! :)

Amaozn Link: amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Figure-Bounce-Sport/dp/B007KFZGVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453314640&sr=8-1&keywords=glamorise+sports+bra
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @KenziesFrenzies - Awesome choice! I love the supportive seams around the cups, hooks in the back that you can actually reach!
  • charlenegrichard
    charlenegrichard Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That Glamorise one looks amazing! I just hate feeling like I'm obscene every time I run!
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @kenzietate those are the same ones that I wear. I love these things
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yeah, the only disadvantage to that bra is that it kind of confines you to a T-shirt for working out, because it comes up high in the chest. I like to work out in tank tops usually, but when I'm running/doing calisthenics in public, I stick to a baggy t-shirt now. But I don't care, because that bra is magic.
  • mblx73
    mblx73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I swear by these: Glamorise Women's Double Layer Custom Control Sport Bra. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00553XPHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_aDNRwb3DVAJAB

Also Glamorise but you can adjust the level of support, from "very supportive" to "completely locked down" :p by adjusting the second layer! I just ordered 2 more for myself in 36G and they really keep me under control! I've had good luck with Glamorise in general.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I love my Panache sports bras. I wear them daily even if I'm not working out. (Also a DD)