Coffee Bar

Options
JessicaLCHF
JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
Changed my profile pic cause I found this gem the other day and fell in love with it. I think I'm going to paint it on a board and add it to the coffee bar I'm making this weekend (I'll add "dark" before chocolate). ;)
1d47zca11vz0.jpeg

I know most (all?) of us LCHFers love coffee. Anybody have a coffee bar? Looking for ideas! I'm pretty excited. I got a table and cleared out the perfect spot.

Replies

• kbhmmom
    kbhmmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Truer words were never spoken!

I have a coffee corner in my kitchen that houses my coffee maker, coffee beans, and a tray that holds my favorite coffee mugs, coffee grinder, and a decorative bowl to sit extra filters in. I also like to rotate seasonal mugs in and out, and one of my daughters does the same thing with seasonally decorated trays. The tray comes in handy for serving if you have company - it's right there and ready to go.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have a favorite coffee bar I go to, but the set-up at the house is fairly basic, a cheap coffee maker, good organic locally-roasted coffee (ok, ok, I'm a hipster), and some sugar-free Torani.
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Can't start my day without my home-made morning cappuccino made with my burr grinder and Breville espresso machine.
  • kcoty001
    kcoty001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Morning ritual!... let my dogs out, give them each a scoop of coconut oil in their food then plop a tablespoon in my coffee along with a teaspoon of butter and a packet of stevia, whip to a froth and thermos it up! <3 ... its even better when I have a good flavored coffee butter toffee;)
  • yamilethfreethinker388
    Options
    I feel you! I love my coffee in the morning and afternoon! I have a big corner in my kitchen for my Keurig and coffee supplies.

I am new to the keto diet, so I am sticking to coffee with heavy cream or coconut oil these days. I also use stevia and erythritol.

Do you guys use any special sugar free syrups? Which ones would you recommend?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    https://www.monin.com/m/sugar-free-vanilla-syrup.html
    My husbands' fave is monin sugar fee vanilla. I dodge all sweeteners and sugars so can't personally comment but he loves it!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I'd love a real coffee bar! I do have a big cabinet I keep my kuerig, espresso machine, and various coffee stuff on.
  • yamilethfreethinker388
    Options
    https://www.monin.com/m/sugar-free-vanilla-syrup.html
    My husbands' fave is monin sugar fee vanilla. I dodge all sweeteners and sugars so can't personally comment but he loves it!

Thank you! I'll give it a try.
  • kbhmmom
    kbhmmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't use a lot of SF syrups either, but I've found the Torani line to be quite good and usually readily available at your local big box store. You can also purchase them online directly from the company.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    'm not a big coffee drinker but I so love this sign!!

@yamilethefree...you may also want to look into Torani sugar-free syprups and/or Da Vinci Sugar free syrups. They do have some chemicals in them and some people do not like them because of that so I guess it will depend on what works for you.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I love my coffee in the morning and afternoon! I have a big corner in my kitchen for my Keurig and coffee supplies.

I am new to the keto diet, so I am sticking to coffee with heavy cream or coconut oil these days. I also use stevia and erythritol.

Do you guys use any special sugar free syrups? Which ones would you recommend?

I use DaVinci but if I use more than 1Tbs per cup (2 total a day) I get cravings and increased hunger. I think the sweetener in it is sucralose (Splenda).
    Currently, I'm working on cutting that in half and weaning onto unsweetened coffee and don't intend to buy anymore once what I have is gone.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Torani, davinci, skinny girl for syrups. And I want that sign.