losing half of my weight but gaining a new life..

Options
ruby_emrald
ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
About to start OMAD. Scared of failing...scared of success...

I just dont want food to have this obsession or guilt over me any more. I was thinking of doing meal replacement shakes but that is not a new way of lofe just more restiction and rules aboit food.

So on monday will get on my scales and start...
I was going to put this off untill the next week.. lets see how much i can do in one week and hope with everyonea support here it can be many more after.... :smile:

Help me OMAD.... your my only hope..... may have aeen starwas a few times...

Replies

• Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ruby, you'll do great. It is scary at first but you will overcome the fear the initial struggles and after that you will be on your way to the goal.

I admit that even though I am use to not eating all day at work every night I go to bed fearing that tomorrow will be the day I fail my omad. I work in a restaurant and all it would take is a simple forkful of the new menu items, a taste of the made from scratch soup, a nibble of the famous banana bread...

If you keep on putting it off you will never start. Bite the bullet, there is no time like the present.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Ruby! I'm looking forward to your updates. It might seem a little daunting the first couple of days, but you will find it gets easier very quickly. And we are cheering for you.
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the replies am not sure how i will go but taking my lunch with me from tomorrow. Have made a vegtable mix and will have some truna and beans.nomnomnom... this week will be home made and taking lunch next week o amgoing to spoil myself a bit... cant wait but lppking forward to it. Will take my black coffee on train with me... no more milk...or what ever else i used to feel like.... at any momnet of the day... or every moment of the day
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    This is scary at first......I agree with you, I was terrified, but think of it as like jumping in the ocean. - its freezing at first, but then it warms up, and you start to have fun.

I guarantee after a couple of days this will be a breeze for you. (its the same for everyone)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Ruby, OMAD changes you for the better physically and mentally. You'll find reserves of strength you never even knew you had. It's more fun than any other thing I've tried and it does unexpectedly give a lot of inner peace. Keep at it, even if you think you've "failed" (no such word in my book) and you'll find out for yourself what a wonderful friend OMAD can be.

Regularity trumps intensity in this game.

On the subject of spoiling myself -- I love cooking and it was always my treat to myself to spend an hour or two in the kitchen just creatively working with food once a week or two. Of course, that meant it "had" to be eaten over the next few days. A couple of years ago, I made a resolution to stop cooking and switched to arranging flowers instead. Whenever I want to treat myself, I go buy flowers and spend time arranging them for church, for friends, for anyone! No one is complaining about them lol, and I still feel I'm spoiling myself but have a smaller waistline thanks to the flowers.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    That's a great story, Vrojapu. And so true that regularity is the key.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    How's it going Ruby?