Weight lost on 5:2

Options
Jkowals123
Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
How much have you all lost following this kind of diet? I have between 35-40 pounds to lose!

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Posted my journey with 5:2 on the weekly post.
    Was at -29kg, am at -24kg atm, want to get to -32kg. Been doing 5:2 since May 2013, but 2015 was a hard year and I was happy with semi maintaining.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm relatively new to 5:2 as I just started in October. I don't own a scale so don't know how many pounds I've lost, but I do measure my waist at the beginning of each month. In October I had a 37" waist and this past weekend I am 32 1/2"!! Pretty significant in my books... I'm thrilled and will continue 5:2 because it just makes sense and feels right. I'm sure it'll work for you, just remeber to not overindulge on a regular eating day. Log everything everyday! Good luck!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Nice, Mama!! Those are some major inches lost. High five!! I've lost 40 lbs, done within a year. Will stick with 5:2 permanently!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ahhhh thanks Flossy!!!! Look who's talkin'... 40lbs!?!?! CHEERS to you! :*
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Mama and Flossy Amazing Work! And Flumi, you always inspire me :) As for me I am currently down 7lbs. I have been at it for over a year I know I'm a bit of a slug but happy to be down not up.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Thank you, Mama!! And Snaps, slow and steady is the way to successfully keeping it off, so great job!! NOT gaining is always a win. And Flumi, you rock. I love how all of you seem to be "take charge" gals. It's that kind of attitude that will propel you towards your goals. And believe me, I've been around plenty of people who are so passive about their health. In my work experience, I learned to put people into two categories. Those who want to participate in their health and those who just want to be spectators and watch what happens, thinking there's nothing they can do. Well there is ALWAYS something you can do. I've seen people with the cards stacked against them still doing something positive for their health! Keep at it, ladies (I'm assuming all of you are ladies :D ...obviously, this applies to guys too).
  • flumi_f
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. Kind of also wanted to show, that there are ups and downs on this path for all of us. Important is that you don't beat yourself up too much without totally letting go of the reins, when you're down...my story of the last 6 months. Feeling so much better now and feeling more in control without the daily fight against my inner 'devil' ;) It's such a mind game and I'm happy, I survived 2015 without too many bruises...learned alot on the way..

Mama - awesome number of inches that have come off!!

Here's one for you Flossy ;-) A friend posted it on fb the other day. I never needed the meds, but probably on my way there, before I hit the breaks as so many of us. And yes 5:2 forever ;-) for me too.

yztktaveuml9.jpg
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hahahahaha that photo is hilarious!! Sent it to the nursing student daughter!

And thank you I'm very happy with my progress too and look forward to measuring first week of February!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Funny!!! Although, sadly it is so true for many Americans!! It's so much easier to prevent than chase illness with a gaggle of meds and their side effects. I've worked with so many patients who take a med to offset the side effects of another. I used to joke that the volume of meds taken for many people could actually replace a meal...and, bonus, they don't have any calories!
  • AylaStryder
    AylaStryder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12.3kg (27lb) since october 17th 2015. I stick to a deficit on the other days though but find this easy to maintain started at 87.9kg currently at 75.6kg, Aiming for 58kg.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12.3kg (27lb) since october 17th 2015. I stick to a deficit on the other days though but find this easy to maintain started at 87.9kg currently at 75.6kg, Aiming for 58kg.

Great job, fantastic work!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    @AylaStryder Congratulations to you!!! Fantastic discipline you must be very proud!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ayla - You start and goal are pretty much like mine!! You are losing in at similar rate too. Enjoy that feeling!! You are doing great!
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I lost nearly 50 pounds at my lowest. Had a rough fall and now the total is 31 but crawling back thanks to 5:2 it isnt too hard. Note however, my biggest lesson was that I am not "normal". I had to find the right non fast total calories for loss and for maintenance and neither are "normal". When I tried to fight it, I gained. Lessons learned....
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 pounds, and for the most part keep it off. I've been fasting 2x weekly for 2 years. Good luck!
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    26 pounds since November 2015 combining 4:3 and IF.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    8 pounds since December 1st. Looking to lose about 30 more.
  • AylaStryder
    AylaStryder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @snaps27 @mamainthekitchen @flumi_f

Thank you all :blush: I'm very pleased :smiley:

I'll probably get photos on at somepoint :smile:

Well done everyone :smiley: