• carodwen
    carodwen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Got mine today!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My husband bought me the Fitbit Charge HR yesterday, so far so good. I love it...
    would love to add friends to the fitbit app.
    have a great day!!!
  • BreJean2
    BreJean2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi looking for mfp friends and fitbit buddies, feel free to add me www.fitbit.com/user/3VSC7R
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey !! Looking for Fitbit friends for challenges especially the workweek hustle. Keeps me motivated to move during the week . https://www.fitbit.com/user/2WJLRT
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    CariTJR wrote: »
    williab3 wrote: »
    Hello. I've just joined the group, like so many others I got my FitBit for Christmas, a gift from my husband. Its a fun toy but I got to say its not the product the marketing nor adverts would have you believe. I don't have the heart to tell him its not worth the money he spent on it. So after being awake for 1 hour 30 mins FitBit tells me I have already burnt 1944 calories, as if. Are you guys experiencing these glitches too?

Sounds like you got a defective unit. Mine has helped me loos almost 30 pounds and this week's challenge will have me in my goal weight window by Saturday

williab3 is right, I got mine for Christmas from my other half too, and so far it's been pretty much spot on with everything. I'd suggest maybe resetting yours to see if that works, and if not, taking it back and getting a new one, as that doesn't sound right at all.

FitBit takes into consideration what you are burning just by being alive...from the Fitbit website:

Your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the rate at which you burn calories at rest just to maintain vital body functions like breathing, heartbeat, and brain activity. Your BMR usually accounts for at least half of the calories you burn in a day and is estimated based on the physical data you entered when you set up your account: gender, age, height, and weight.

The calorie burn estimate that Fitbit provides takes into account your BMR, the activity recorded by your tracker, and any activities you log manually.

Your tracker's calorie count will reset each night at midnight and begin counting immediately thereafter. BMR is the reason your tracker starts the day with calories already burned—you've still burned calories even if you haven't gotten out of bed yet."

Yup, I already understand all that, but it shouldn't be counting nearly 2k calories burned within an hour of waking up, nobody burns that many calories whilst asleep, and an average person only burns (roughly) that amount of calories throughout the entire day (without added exercise), so that count is clearly wrong. Even if you got up and did an hour solid of say kickboxing exercise (high impact), that would only burn 1/3 of those calories. The lady obviously has an issue with her Fitbit like williab3 says.

There has been a known issue where the display of body weight was in lbs - but what they used for the math was actually kg.

That means the math on something 2.2 x as heavy caused exactly the effect you describe.

Change the weight to another figure, then enter correct figure.

There is a way to confirm it while in messed up state if interested.

Take your daily graph per 5 min blocks, the calories one, and look at the burn during night or non-movement.
    Now, that is rounded, but it should be close.
    divide by 5, x 1440 = close to BMR they are using, which is close to Mifflin BMR.

Now look up your Mifflin BMR on MFP under Apps - BMR calc using correct figures.
    Is it close? Likely not.
    Now change weight to kg. Is that close to what Fitbit was showing with math?
    You got the issue - correct it as described above.
  • vibraphonegal
    vibraphonegal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    //www.fitbit.com/user/44NRL8

very fun- love people add me :smiley: I'll chat with you and everything
  • KristinaJeanPhD
    KristinaJeanPhD Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fun! I love challenges, even though I always lose lol! https://www.fitbit.com/user/22HPZY
  • Marshallaw
    Marshallaw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded to Charge HR
  • dzbubbles83
    dzbubbles83 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm new to the whole Fitbit/MFP community. Just got my fitbit this weekend, really hoping I can stick with logging everything! Weekends will be extremely difficult for me. Trying to shed 60lbs. Friend me if you like!
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/47JGPH
  • AprilTram
    AprilTram Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/42JVMC

Trying to step 10k-15k a day.. Doing good hitting that 10k.. LOL
    Have about 80-100lbs to lose..
    Friend me if you're in the same "zone" as me.. :)
    I love the challenges fitbit offers.. They keep me in check and accountable when I know others are watching my activities.. :)

• fivefootjessy
    fivefootjessy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just bought a charger HR a few weeks ago, and I'm really starting to love it!! I'm looking for more friends for challenges and motivation on both fitbit/MFP! add mehttps://www.fitbit.com/user/47887R
  • JasonlRoeder
    JasonlRoeder Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Looking for more friends to keep me motivated! https://www.fitbit.com/user/3MJ7Q8 :D
  • mystcfolly
    mystcfolly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/46PCC6 On Fitbit for a week and enjoying it so far. Very active. Please add me if you want. :-) also, feel free to add me on MFP as well. :-)
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just bought a fitbit charge HR and added some friends. Nothing is better than that! =)
  • estdebby
    estdebby Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Trying to tone out a bit and lose some post-graduation weight I gained over the summer & the holidays. Love to meet some Fitbit friends to help me keep motivated ! Also, I live in North Hollywood area. Would be awesome if I hit it off with someone and have a fitness buddy !!

Ps, I'm new on this and I have no idea how to find my Fitbit profile link :(
  • Nwinchell85
    Nwinchell85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a Fitbit HR owner and on myfitnesspal, feel free to add me as a friend, and let's kick some butt on challenges! www.fitbit.com/user/2WS9SM
  • vjt0001
    vjt0001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a new Fitbit HR owner and I am really excited to get started. I am trying to read the many reviews and tips on myfitnesspal, but I can't find what I'm looking for.
    Is there a way to sync my fitbit to myfitnesspal? I find myself entering foods in both and then logging my activity into myfitnesspal.