I have some mixed feelings

Options
AshleyC1023
AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
Today I was back at the dr for my foot issue, since my last appt was FUBAR. I got it done and when I went to schedule the follow up, I met a very nice lady who was scheduling it.
She asked how you get the issue I have and I said "well being over weight doesn't help it and causes more pressure on it which makes it miserable". She looks at me and goes "You're not over weight though!" Then I told her what I weigh and she didn't believe me until she looked at my chart. She was heavier but not so much that it detracted from her looks. She told me she was struggling with her weight and had tried everything with no luck. Then she said she had even tried to gain the last 20 lbs to make her a candidate for a gastric sleeve. I saw myself when I looked at her, I had been there too, where it looks like the only way to get help was to eat yourself up to an "acceptable" weight. Same frustration, that even eating yourself up to their accepted weight was tough, and like her we had both lost weight when trying to eat "unhealthy" crap to up the scale. I kind of realize now that I was doing the exact opposite, because eating my way up was including full fat everything... Then she asked me what I was doing and how it was working.

I froze for a moment, wondering if I was going to be met with a weird look, but I told her that I was doing "keto". She asked what it entailed and I told her it's eliminating carbs, but still eating well. "Like what can you eat" she asked next, and I told her basically what I eat, steak, shrimp, butter, all these high fat products.

She grabbed a notepad and a pen and asked me to spell it out for her, so I directed her to the reddit community and said to do some reading up and see if it's something she could do, and that you don't have to do it all at once but starting to cut back is a big help. Reddit because it's so vast and just about any question you could have is answered.

I felt so good and bad leaving. Good that maybe I can help someone who is at the end of their rope, where I have been, and bad because I wanted to hug her and tell her how pretty she really is and not to eat herself up to a surgical procedure. I have hope since she wrote it down that she'll investigate it further and give it a try, and that the first week or two of the massive water weight loss will inspire her to stick to it.

Replies