Why oh Why

Options
ms_smartypants
ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
Why do I torture myself ... I know better but yet I still do it ....I made spicy lemon garlic shrimp and I had bread to soak up all the yummy butter and as soon as it was eaten I now have a massive headache ....when will I learn UGH

Replies

• carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't know if we ever really get over it, for me carbs are an addiction, I know they make me feel crappy but I will still go on binge ever now and then. My aim to make the binges fewer and fewer :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ah grasshopper. One must switch to the spoon, or licking the bowl if no one is looking. ;)

Feel better soon.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I have never been a binger ...wishing you the best Carom

Thanks Nvmomketo :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Yeah, spoon that butter up! Bread just distracts from the goodness of the butter. I see bread and pasta as "fillers", like how they add junk to dog food to bulk it up for no nutritional benefit. I ain't eating that junk! Lol
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Ah grasshopper. One must switch to the spoon, or licking the bowl if no one is looking. ;)

Feel better soon.

When I do that at work (using my finger as an intermediary between the bowl and my mouth) I keep one eye on the outer door to make sure none of my students are sneaking in :p
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Lol I give my boys heck for doing it so I too need to be very careful that I am never caught licking the bel and my fingers.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Feel better soon.

Love this!
    Finely grated stir fried cauliflower ( optionally cooked in coconut cream or milk) is another great soaking agent
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    So sorry! I hate the headaches that come from carbs! The good thing is that it will pass! It's also good to be in a place that you can recognize the cause! Hang in there!! Gentle hugs!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I just sprinkle Parmesan in the butter and spoon it up!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do that with cream cheese. Glad I'm not the only one with interesting uses for parmesan
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    yup, parmesan - or why not make an almond bun or something for this purpose....someone posted a low carb sourdough, too, recently.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yeah, spoon that butter up! Bread just distracts from the goodness of the butter. I see bread and pasta as "fillers", like how they add junk to dog food to bulk it up for no nutritional benefit. I ain't eating that junk! Lol

This is an excellent point. If you have a pet, look at what is in their food. Cheaper foods have lots of fillers (wheat, corn, etc) and there are studies showing that it's not good for dogs.
    If it's not good for my family dog, which eats leftover scraps also, why would I eat it or feed it to my loved ones?

My thought for the OP...lick the bowl! There's no shame at home.