Veggies

Options
MilllieMoo
MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
Are there any other low carb vegetarians here?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I believe @lodro is.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I think she's right about that.
    There is certainly not a big vegetarian presence here, but it is certainly welcome. I love veggies too and am always interested in discovering some great new things to eat!
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am trying hard to be vegetarian. But occasionally I eat meat. I use it as a garnish.
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Look forward to sharing some tasty recipes with you.
    Giving up meat was no problem for me (I was thirteen) .... but giving up bread was another matter altogether!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think that most of the time we get low carb vegetarian questions, someone mentions the keto reddit groups...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I think that most of the time we get low carb vegetarian questions, someone mentions the keto reddit groups...

Usually that's because I know there is helpful info there to help until the veggie-folk show.
    I'm basically about 1.5 steps away from being a lacto-carnivore myself so I'm no help at all.
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm not around a whole lot, but I have been vegetarian for 11 years and working at low carb for a couple months, successfully for just a few weeks after working out the kinks. :smiley: I suck at tracking but am always on the lookout for ideas!
  • Veggonevegan
    Veggonevegan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been a lacto ovo vegetarian since childhood which has caused me to grow up eating a billion carbs. I'm on day 2 and I've ate way too much cheese and I feel constantly hungry. Although I obviously want to lose weight I also must retrain myself to not live DEPENDENT on carbs if I want to have any chance of keeping that extra weight off my 5'1" frame. I like to eat and salads don't excite me (but I do eat them). ;)