Addictive properties of cheese: interesting article

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love my cheese and other dairy products. Yummmmm.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Pizza was my drug of choice.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have had a harder time giving up dairy than sugar or grains. My morning cup of coffee still makes me sad, nearly a month later. I used to love getting bunless cheeseburgers, but I don't want them without the cheese. I am hoping that I will be able to reintroduce dairy without any issues down the road. I clearly have a problem.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Is this article going to make me want to stop eating cheese?
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Is this article going to make me want to stop eating cheese?

Spoken like a true cheese addict! LOL!

Or like, "Does that movie have a bad ending?" (yes? then I don't want to watch it) LOL!

Dan
  • macchiatto
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Exactly. ;)

I did give up cheese when I was on the Dukan Diet, and again last fall when I dropped gluten and dairy for 6 weeks.
    Those were sad times in my life.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    The other day at Five Guys I noticed they were forgetting the cheese on my bunless cheeseburger and I nearly had a panic attack while trying to get their attention! lol.
  • CatMarlett
    CatMarlett Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cheese may be addictive but you never hear of anyone dying from a cheese overdose... I'd like to see more evidence please!!!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. They used survey research to determine that it's the casein? Something is missing here. (Or is there something missing between my ears that I don't understand the leap between the survey of 500 students and the casein link?)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @macchiatto article gives you an excuse why you may have a cheese addiction. Survey of students on the foods they craved most. Looked for a common thread, found cheese. Looked for what in cheese could make it so addictive and found caesin (much higher than milk) Caesin has previously been shown to cause addiction, thus the leap of faith @Mami1976D .
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Interesting! Thanks, @SamandaIndia.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    @macchiatto article gives you an excuse why you may have a cheese addiction. Survey of students on the foods they craved most. Looked for a common thread, found cheese. Looked for what in cheese could make it so addictive and found caesin (much higher than milk) Caesin has previously been shown to cause addiction, thus the leap of faith @Mami1976D .

Okay, thank you for clearing that up. :)
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Cheese and Heavy cream is why I am not true Paleo. Everything else about it is spot on and I normally eat meat, veggies, seeds, and a few berries, but the cheese and cream is tough. It's worth losing a bit slower and keeping the cheese.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm keepin my cheese and hwc too!