trying to reset, need assistance

Options
After years of Weight Watchers, I think I have killed my metabolism. I have been diagnosed with Graves Disease which is auto immune and attacks the thyroid, causing it to go hyper (which means I should lose weight without trying along with other symptoms) In the last 6 years, I have exercised, ate right and was lucky to lose a pound over two month period. I actually thought my thyroid was hypo because of this and had it checked to find out it was hyper! CRAZY!

Now I am on meds, have been on them for 6 weeks. These meds counteract the Hyper symptoms which obviously means its going to counteract weight loss. UGH.

So now I am eating 1800 clean calories ( no sugar, no processed) at least 90% of the time and exercising everyday (resistance) and cardio 2 to 3 times a week.

I have found this group and decided maybe I need a reset after the years of yo yo dieting. I have struggled with weight all my life. Finally lost 60 lbs on WW about 13 years ago. Gained it back, lost it again, gained it back and now can't shake a lb. I have tried low carb, I have tried no sugar, I have tried eating clean, etc. The list goes on and on. I get to a certain point with a diet and give up because of no results and sabotage myself and gain it back.

So the past three weeks I have been eating about 1800 calories a day, I have really started tracking this week. I am at 1800 and staying around 211 lbs.

When do I start adding calories?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Go to em2wl.com/start

There is a calorie calc there. Get your numbers and start adding 100 calories every week. Once you get close to that estimated tdee you'll have to pay attention to what your weight is doing. You want to find where you stabilize in weight.

Welcome :)
  • kylesmom94
    kylesmom94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    Go to em2wl.com/start

There is a calorie calc there. Get your numbers and start adding 100 calories every week. Once you get close to that estimated tdee you'll have to pay attention to what your weight is doing. You want to find where you stabilize in weight.

Welcome :)

So I did that and my TDEE is 2250.

Do I add calories regardless of weight loss, staying the same or gaining? That's where I am confused.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Yes, a reset consists of finding your tdee and then eating at that level for a minimum of 8 weeks. Then, you can do a 10-15% cut when ready. But the physical and mental healing during the reset is necessary in order to achieve future fat loss.
  • kylesmom94
    kylesmom94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok. I will try increasing on Sunday 100 calories. Thanks!