Stomach discomfort

Options
Mizzgena05
Mizzgena05 Posts: 22 Member
Has anyone experienced stomach discomfort and bloating while low carbing? Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Low carb wouldn't cause it just because of the amount of carbs. But something you're eating could.
    I feel sort of that way if I'm eating too much cheese or protein. Slows digestion down for me and then feels heavy and full all in my gut.
    Looks like your diary is closed so I can't speculate based on actual food entries.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    If you can open your diary that will help. Like sunny said, it could be something your eating, or not eating that might be what's causing it.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had to give up dairy. It has helped my stomach issues, although I miss heavy cream in my coffee! I also added a probiotic and fermented veggies
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I had to give up dairy. It has helped my stomach issues, although I miss heavy cream in my coffee! I also added a probiotic and fermented veggies

Dairy is a very very common problem. I have pretty much eliminated my HWC. But cheese... It just makes everything better! Lol but, I've been good reducing it too. :wink:
  • Mizzgena05
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I haven't been documenting my meals on MFP but I eat no carbs lost of meats(all kinds) cheese and eggs so Im sure I need to add more veggies and things because I also feel heavy and full in my gut it's uncomfortable
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Dairy is a very very common problem. I have pretty much eliminated my HWC. But cheese... It just makes everything better! Lol but, I've been good reducing it too. :wink:

Not having cheese has given me the sads.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Mizzgena05 wrote: »
    I haven't been documenting my meals on MFP but I eat no carbs lost of meats(all kinds) cheese and eggs so Im sure I need to add more veggies and things because I also feel heavy and full in my gut it's uncomfortable

You're problem isn't coming from something you're not eating. It's from something you are eating.
    How much cheese?
    How much protein?
    Can't really help without details.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Is it possible you're not getting enough fat to keep things moving along? (that's what I was thinking when I says something you're not eating) Too much cheese can cause constipation as well. I eat very little veggies at all and I don't get that feeling so don't think you have to have that.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Is it possible you're not getting enough fat to keep things moving along? (that's what I was thinking when I says something you're not eating) Too much cheese can cause constipation as well. I eat very little veggies at all and I don't get that feeling so don't think you have to have that.

That's true. Good catch.
    Dehydration relating to low sodium...
    There are too many possibilities and no answers to help determine a possible course of action.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

That's true. Good catch.
    Dehydration relating to low sodium...
    There are too many possibilities and no answers to help determine a possible course of action.

It's really hard to know without more info. @Mizzgena05 are you feeling any better?
  • AndyLabrador
    AndyLabrador Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eggs, brown and white usually cause my stomach discomfort IF I don't eat anything else with them. For instance, my dinner 2 days ago was 5 ounces lean beef, 3 strips of bacon and 1/4 cup cheddar chesses, two brown eggs and shortly after bomb it hit. I have been off eggs for months at home because of this. Last night same meal but with 9 ounces of lean beef--NO PROBLEM. Important note, this only happens when cooking at home, if I go out for breakfast no issues no matter what I eat, But I know if I stop low carbing, I have no problems at home
    Mizzgena05 wrote: »

• AndyLabrador
    AndyLabrador Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My motto is EVERYTHING is better with cheddar.

• Mizzgena05
    Options
    I decided to take milk of magnesia to see if it helped with the stomach discomfort it cleared me out and I realize I was eating too much dairy cheese being the main thing now I have been eating mostly meats and added fiber such as brussels sprouts and asparagus so that I don't run into this situation again
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    So glad you're feeling better. That sounds like a good plan. Do you take magnesium supplements, that can help with regularity as well.