Finally having my sleeve surgery today

Options
ssbeadlady
ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Well today is the day I wished I had 8 years ago when I was denied the lap band. However today I am getting my gallbladder removed and having the sleeve surgery. I was able to lose 183 pounds on my own during those 8 years. Now the tool of the sleeve will help with the remaining 160.

Replies

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!!! Congrats and best wishes for a speedy recovery! You have done amazing and I look forward to seeing your continuing progress!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You've done great so far, keep it up. Remember, sip and walk, sip and walk
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sending you good thoughts! Remember that the hard parts pass quickly!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good luck! We're here waiting for you on the other side.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Wishing you a smooth recovery. Let us all know how your doing when your up to it.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good luck in recovery. Just remember to rest, walk and drink water.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yup, go back a few pages and read some of the tons of great post-op advice. Hope everything went well for you, and that your recovery goes smoothly!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good luck & let us know how you are doing!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yay! I'm so happy for you! Good luck. You've done soooo well so far. I hope that you are as happy with your surgery as I am with mine!!!
  • gaining_while_losing
    Options
    Hope all went well!!!
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats and best of luck!
  • ssbeadlady
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your healing thoughts. It was rough but I have been home since Thursday afternoon. I am finally beginning to feel better and have been able to drink a protein soup and shake today for the first time. I had to have my diseased gallbladder removed, a hernia repaired and the sleeve. I was in recovery for 3 hours and was given 30mg of dilaudid for the terrible pain I had. At one point my lower number of the BP was 38. I have no memory of the recovery. The Dr wanted me to go home Wednesday but when I was helped to the bathroom to pee and couldn't get myself off the toilet they all knew I needed another day. I had dilaudid until early Thursday morning when they switched to liquid Tylenol. Since Tuesday I have lost 7 pounds. Isee the Dr again this Wednesday for my 1 week follow up.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! The first few days are the roughest, but it usually starts to get better rapidly and noticeably after that. Rest, walk and stay hydrated....everything else can wait.
  • ssbeadlady
    Options
    Yep it feels like yesterday and today I have made the turn toward feeling better. The only pain I had today was the back shoulder pain. I think it is from when they used the under the shoulder belt to get my off the toilet. I think they pulled a muscle as the bigger PT lady was on my right side and that is where I hurt. My incisions are healing nicely and the food is drinking is not causing meany problems. I got 75 grams of protein in today with my soups, shakes and drinks. I was even able to do some sewing projects. I see the Dr tomorrow for my one week follow up and am looking forward to seeing the first week's weight loss.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better. It does improve daily. Your doing wonderful on your protein it took me longer to get there. Keep up the awesome work!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great that you are making your water & protein goals and feel well enough to do something you enjoy (sewing)! Don't be alarmed if somedays it seems like 2 steps forward, one step back. I think we have all experienced that recovery is not a straight line. :)