Mini Binge- feeling disappointed.

Options
Hi guys, I haven't written much on this board, but I'm feeling really disappointed in myself, and figured I could at least let it out here, and maybe someone would understand.

Quick back story: I started a '6 week challenge' at my gym, has a pretty strict regimen of eating, we are on week 2. Week one was solid, I stuck to the plan, didn't cheat once and did great. Dropped almost 5# and a few inches was feeling fantastic.

This week (week 2) I was out sick 3 days so I couldn't work out and get all of my food in. Jump to today, at work people are celebrating my birthday AND it is week 2 weigh in. I weighed myself and I am back up 3.5 # from last week. I was so bummed. Ive been good all day avoiding the food people brought in for my bday celebration ( I had a green apple and a few pcs of cheese and included that in my macros)....then about an hour ago I just started feeling overwhelmed and disappointed and went on a mini binge. I had 3 donuts. They were plain, no frosting, but still THREE DONUTS.....what was I thinking. I wasn't, I was letting my emotions take over and no I am so frustrated with myself.

Agh. Really I just had to let it out. I am going to go to the gym and make the best of it, but still feeling like a setback.

Replies

• kristy31280
    kristy31280 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is your birthday May be next time enjoy the cebration treats becuase of the kindness by your workmates so there will be no binge later. don't feel deprived!
    You can easily jump back into the great routine you started and the weigh will drop off again since you found a system that worked for you. Don't let one mini binge define or discourage your efforts it is the long haul results. Looking and feeling healthy is hard work that pays off. Don't give up! Do your best and enjoy the rest of your birthday!!
  • kristy31280
    kristy31280 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    P.s. don't jump on the scale right after iy is like punishment wait three days on track then look the 5# will be off again and you will be more determined to stay on track! Good luck
  • robinandboys1975
    robinandboys1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! You're doing the right things, allow yourself a bad day and don't let it knock you off the right track!
    (I do it too, but I'm getting better at it!)
    I struggle with binging too. I have found it helps to allow yourself one thing you wouldn't, but slow down and make a big deal of it! Enjoy that one donut thoroughly! Then walk away...
    Maybe that will help u too??
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies for your response, someone also told me that a setback it just a set up for a comeback, and that really struck home. I think I tend to be to strict to the point of not allowing myself any treats bc I have this one goal set in mind. I am getting married in July and want to be fit and healthy, but I also don't want to stress myself out so much that I don't even enjoy this fun planning period!

Thanks again ladies for the support! :)