Do People Like Spreadsheet Challenges?

Options

Replies

• teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Urghhhh why does mfp not post everything I write lol I filled in early accidentally, will update my details when I weigh in Monday! Jumped the gun a little, sorry :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    teegan84 wrote: »
    Urghhhh why does mfp not post everything I write lol I filled in early accidentally, will update my details when I weigh in Monday! Jumped the gun a little, sorry :)

No problem! I like filling my stuff in early too.

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I'm also thinking weigh in's on the 1st, 8th, 15, and 21 and 29th? You can weigh in more but maybe those could be the communal dates.

I weigh myself every day but only log on Fridays. That is based on my eating habits of most likely going over my calories at least one day during the weekend, then using the rest of the week to lose the retained water and continue my weight loss. I would be fine entering a weight on whatever dates people like, but I will just use my official logged weight from the previous Friday.
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    teegan84 wrote: »

No problem! I like filling my stuff in early too.

I will use the weight I log tomorrow as my Feb. 1 starting weight in the spreadsheet.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I went ahead and filled it out. I'll update the weight on my next weigh in day :)
  • computerfox82
    computerfox82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love spreadsheets. I filled out my info on there. Can't wait to start the challenge!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Yay, I'm getting excited too!

I added in a column in the sign up sheet - you're welcome to enter in when you're hoping to TTC, but you don't have to! I just figured it might be interesting since this is a specialized group :)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    HI! Thanks for letting me join! I have added my info to the spreadsheet, but I am not calorie counting right now because I am on day 12 of the whole30 and calorie counting is frowned upon (and also kinda a pain.)

I like the idea of having weekly goals like minute of exercise and also like the idea of doing weekly challenges with partners.
    I am pretty active in the GOT challenge group and they do weekly exercise minutes in strength, flexibility and cardio. So for example you might have a goal to do 90 minutes of cardio, 30 of strength and 30 of flex in a week-your choice of what you do for each category and each person has to do the workout of the week like this one (a work out like this darebee.com/workouts/wild-hunt-workout.html (yes you can modify as needed, 3 rounds is baseline)

I like it because its a challenge to get all my minutes in and by having a new workout every week, I try something new and get out of my comfort zone. Each person can modify as needed and challenge themselves individually but since we are all in it together you get the awesome group mentality!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I've changed my goals today and updated the spreadsheet to reflect that (I just went back to my original starting calories of 1470 as I've changed my macros a bit and wanted the little bit of extra calories.) I am currently at my parents just relaxing and enjoying my time with them (and all the good food) for this week so there is a increased possibility (read: very likely) that I will go over my calories (especially because I left my scale at home) so anything entered is estimated (I'm trying to overestimate as this point.) so for the challenges sake, I'm just letting you know that this probably will not be my best week. haha
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think I am in a totally different "time zone" to most of you, as I live in Western Australia, coming to the end of my first day and I was only over my net calories by 10.....I'm going to take that as a win for my first day.....I made myself go out for a walk to earn some calories back as I was starving at dinner time and wanted to eat a little extra, so I can already see this challenge is going to motivate me! Hope you all have a great first challenge day!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I've tried updating the log to include my net calories for the day and it's telling me the sheet is protected.
  • computerfox82
    Options
    I'm having the same problem as Wifires dealing with logging on the spreadsheet.
  • VeryKatie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ok I will look into that....

ETA: Is it fixed?
  • vrokhfit
    vrokhfit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Worked for me!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Just tried it, worked fine! Thank you :)
  • computerfox82
    Options
    Forgot to mention that mine works now.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Do we need more slots in the spreadsheet for people to join? Lots of new members! Or is everyone waiting till March?
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Im pretty confused with the spread sheet. Its a 4 week weightloss challenge-what are the start and end dates? I think you put a ton of work into the spreadsheet @VeryKatie but I think it might have too much detail for me. I am down 5lbs from my original weight I put on the sheet, but I dont know when we are ending? Help!
  • VeryKatie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The dates are always going to be the 1st and 29th of the month. So at the top, middle, and bottom of the "Logging" sheet it has numbers 1 - 29. That corresponds to the date. Would you find other information in the spreadsheet tutorial announcement useful? I can add more description to the tutorial for sure.

Also if people have suggestions for March's challenge, please let me know. I was considering removing the daily calories eaten part. I'm not sure it's needed. As @Kirstie155 said, there is a lot of detail and I do want to to be easy to follow, not hard. If I remove the "daily calories eaten" part, I could perhaps merge the signup and logging sheet into one tab so that everything is easier to find (the meters will likely stay on a separate tab).

February was a first stab at it but I can get started on the March sheet in the next week or so and people could comment based on their experience in February?

My goal is to have all of you so in love with the spreadsheet that everyone sticks around hahaha.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a few weeks behind you all, since I just found the forum post a couple of days ago. I'm getting caught up.

To answer VeryKatie's original post:

1. I find exercise challenges the most motivating. For example- push yourself for 5 more reps, or 5 more minutes on the treadmill/during a run.
    2. I think trying to hit the macro % goals, that we've set for ourselves in our diaries, for a week straight would be a hard but fun challenge.
    3. We could also do a 'challenge of the day'. Where each member (we can cycle through by our numbers on the spreadsheet) chooses 1 exercise to add. And if you added it to your day then you've completed the challenge.
    It could be something small- for example, when it's my day to decide I could say- the daily challenge is to add 20 pushups to your daily activities. Someone else may add 100 jumping jacks the following day, and 10 burpees the day after that, or 5 minutes of stretching and so on. I believe we have 13 people in the group, or at least on the spreadsheet- so we could just keep going around.

Challenges I don't like:
    3. Limiting any one type of food from your week (length of challenge)

And I can't think of anything else right now-

I want to add that the I really like the spreadsheet. It is very well planned out and i'm impressed with how you've set it up. :) Thank you for what you've done! I already feel more excited being apart of a group of ladies working towards the same thing.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    A reminder to please weigh in for today everyone! I'll be posting week 2 and 3 results tomorrow!