Let's Begin! Week 1 - February 1st

lizadaze
lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
Hi everyone! I hope you're ready to start February with a great new group and challenge yourself to stay committed to your goals. So let's get started. Introduce yourself. Share your personal fitness goals and what you hope to accomplish by April 24th (end of our first twelve week challenge). And be sure also share your short term goal for the upcoming week. Let's check in throughout the week, share your success and challenges and support each other,

Replies

• lizadaze
    edited February 2016
    So my name is Elizabeth. I'm in my early 50s but still have the spirit of a teenager. I've had a number of life and health challenges that resulted in a major weight gain over the last 20 years. I finally decided to have weight loss surgery a couple of years ago. I managed to lost about 80 pounds during my first year post-surgery, but need to continue my journey and progress. So I'm restarting my healthy habits and commitment to a regular exercise program.

By the end of this challenge, I hope to lose another 30 pounds and to have increased my fitness level by consistently going to the gym at least 4 days per week and becoming confident enough to actually join a group fitness class, too.

Goals for week of February 1st:

1. Eating plan: high protein (70+ grams/day) and drinking more water (8+ glasses a day)
    2. Exercise plan: Four days cardio of at least 45 minutes; 2 days strength training.
  • Emily4062
    Emily4062 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, my name is Emily. My fitness and health goals have taken a backseat since I started my first full-time job in September, but I'm tired of feeling sleepy after poor diet decisions. In the next 12 weeks, I'm hoping to start reversing my recent weight gain. Specifically, I would like to lose 10 lbs. I know that's a small number, but it feels daunting right now!

My eating goal for the week of 2/1 is to not snack mindlessly after dinner (I'm going to try brushing my teeth immediatly after I eat).
    My fitness goal is to walk 6000 steps each day.
  • kendra9199
    kendra9199 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello!! My name is Kendra and have a big goal of around 100 lbs. But anything towards that goal is a huge win. I have been up and down from 225 for the last 18 years. I have small children now and need to become a much healthier version of myself. Currently, starting from just under 240, am 5'3 and have the life I always dreamed of! I want to be around to enjoy it! :)

1. Eating plan-log everything, stay at/under MFP recommended guidelines of 1400/etc. No snacking while I cook dinner or mindless munching.
    2. Exercise plan-Walk at least 10k steps per day and get 4 60-min workouts in this week.

Happy to be in this group! Good luck everyone!
  • lizadaze
    Hi Kendra! So happy you are here! I'm also on a long term quest to lose 100 pounds and it is a big goal. Breaking it down into manageable progress seems to be the best way it works for me. So welcome aboard and let's have a great week. You will feel fantastic and be able to keep up with your kiddos the more active and confident you feel. Good luck for a awesome first week! :)
  • JennMM0123
    JennMM0123 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi! My name is Jenn. My goal is seems simple but is struggle- eat better!! I want to lose 40 lbs this year, so I if I could loose 20-25 lbs in 12 weeks I'm be very happy! I need to stop bad snacking (and mindless munching!!) and make better choices everyday. I'm currently working out but need to step up the cardio!
    Goals:
    1. Stick to the 1200-1300 calories a day
    2. Be more positive and stop beating myself up!

Good Luck all, we can do this!!
  • RREnterprises
    RREnterprises Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey, Wendy here. Weight has been creeping up over the years. Over the holidays I gained another 10 and now weigh as much as I did when pregnant with my daughter (who is 21). I am in the public spotlight and need to feel and look my best. This weight needs to leave!

My challenge is in the evenings after I have a couple of drinks my resolve goes out the window and I snack. I do really well all day and then blow it in the evenings. Total temporary gratification. It feels like I have no control.

So here is my plan. First - no drinking 5 days a week. Also - a substitution. Self-pleasuring instead of snacks. Self-pleasuring is my snack substitution. When I get that craving, I'm going to go for it with one of the many toys I have.

I don't mean to offend anyone talking so openly, but I am a wild woman and must be true to myself. And besides - I think dieting will be MUCH more fun this way. (Keep in mind I am single, and my daughter lives with me, but is an adult.)

On a more serious note, I realize that it is imperative that I keep a promise that I make to myself, for myself. I am at an age (58) where I really need to take very good care of my body or I will be chopping years off me life.

Goals:
    1. Stick to 1200 calories a day or less
    2. Exercise at least 3 times per week
    3. No alcohol Sunday through Thursday
    4. Substitute mast-urba-tion for snacking
  • RREnterprises
    RREnterprises Posts: 9 Member
    Emily - (I'm going to try brushing my teeth immediatly after I eat).
    Great idea!
  • tinaalvarado29
    tinaalvarado29 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi my name is tina I just turned 48 in January I need to lose about 80 pounds but anything I lose would be great I just started on Jan 21st and I think I'm doing ok. I try to work out but I have bursitis in both hips and suffer from fibromyalgia so I can't work out like I would like to.

1. Stick to 1200 calorie a day
    2. Try and work out at least 3 times a week.
    3. Not to be an emotional eater.
    4. Lose 30 pounds by April 30 my daughters wedding day.
  • lizadaze
    I'm already loving this group. Thanks for joining us Emily, and Wendy. Everyone has different goals, but we share some common challenges and aspirations.

Wendy, I have to say that your goal #4 is the most creative I've ever seen! Whatever keeps you on your fitness path makes sense to me!

I will say that brushing my teeth works too. Also chewing very minty gum makes me not want to snack as much. Anyway, hope your Monday is going well.

• lestown022
    lestown022 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi ladies! First off I just wanted to say how excited I am to be part of such an amazing small group of inspirational women! I love that we all have different goals but we are all here because we want to live healthier lives. Support is the key to weight loss so I know this is going to benefit all of us!

My name is Leslie. I'm 24 years old and I want to tone up and lose around 10 pounds! I'm 5'3 so these 10 pounds will really make a huge difference!! Besides the weight aspect of it, I hope by April 24th I can accomplish
    1. feeling comfortable in my own skin (especially with summer coming up)
    2. eating in a way that nourishes my body
    3. last but not least, I want to work on not comparing myself to others.

Obviously I know the best way to accomplish these goals is to eat healthy and work out.

Since I haven't counted calories successfully or used my fitness pal effictively in about 3 years, this week I want to focus on

1. BEING ACCOUNTABLE. just logging my meals accurately, watching my portions and measuring out my food. I want to do this in a way that isn't obsessive or crazy. Just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full.
    1300-1700 calories a day

2. Be active everyday. Even if it's a 10 min walk! Keep moving.

3. Drink more water and start taking a meal replacement when I work. I am waiting tables right now and sometimes it's too busy to eat and I can't eat all day long.

I think that's enough for now! Thank you everyone for reading and I'm excited for this journey with you guys!!

• Deborah_Love
    Deborah_Love Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, my name is Deborah, I am 22 years old. I have let my health and fitness go downhill over the past few years and I am really keen to change that. I feel like I can do it this time.

My goals are:
    1 - Eating Plan: Keep at or under my daily limit every day.
    2 - Fitness Plan: Go to at least 1 gym class per week.

Looking forward to doing this challenge with everyone, thank you!
  • lizadaze
    Welcome Leslie and Deborah!
  • curlymop3
    curlymop3 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi, I'm CJ
    I introduced myself on the other thread - this is first group I've joined so bit unsure how it works, but SO PLEASED to have found this, thank you.

I'm 43, aiming to lose 10-12 lb for this 12 week challenge.

My goals this week:

1)No wine (etc) Mon - Thurs
    2)In the evening when fancy a snack - make something instead. So far have made 3 greetings cards and started a small knitting project.

(one inspired by another group member Melissa, this mutual thing works so well!)

Usually I exercise but I have a cold virus right now and will wait until that goes away.
  • lizadaze
    Hi CJ, Welcome! Hope you get your cold under control soon and feel better.

When the evening snacking bug hits me, I am opting for a nice hot cup of fancy tea or infused water. It helps stave off the mindless snacking before bed.
This discussion has been closed.