Does anyone else.....

Options
duckypooz
duckypooz Posts: 36 Member
Please tell me I ain't alone on this......
Does anyone try something on or get weighed.....don't like it...cry maybe....then eat and eat and eat....sometimes while crying also.
It seems daft. It's the reason I'm upset in the first place but still carry on!!!

Replies

• malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    yep shame cycling , I know it :/ wishing you luck out of it .. i find watching you tube videos on health helps a bit .. and try to get out of the obsession on losing the weight in the first place..
  • daisycow20
    daisycow20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @malovafarms could you please post videos that help you?? :)
  • Sweetpea1399
    Sweetpea1399 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are not alone.
  • duckypooz
    duckypooz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    3 out of all the people that come on here.....lol I'm forever doing it. I try looking thru here when I'm feeling crap. See people doing so well....
    Then get upset again haha I can't win x
  • padmii
    padmii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have stuffed my face with cake today after weighing myself.. This afternoon. But I am going to worm hard.. And do better.
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    padmii wrote: »
    I have stuffed my face with cake today after weighing myself.. This afternoon. But I am going to worm hard.. And do better.

Yum. Cake sounds really good to me too. But I've "decided" to just say no for these reasons:
    1. Cake isn't fuel for my body.
    2. It's after 8pm and I don't eat solid food after 8
    3. I don't have have any cake.

Note that #3 is the easiest reason that keeps me sticking to my decision to eat less.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I would overeat if i lose or gain. This has been the hardest thing for me to do. I sabotage myself!!! I don't spend a lot of time crying but I do get upset with myself after I overeat. I need to think about before I eat it and make a decision about is it worth it!!
  • Harleygirl2014
    Harleygirl2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It can sure feels like a vicious circle. Eat healthy to lose weight, don't lose weight or not enough weight so eat to self medicate the disappointment. If there were easy answers none of us would be here on this site. All I can say is for me I am trying to be more mindful of what I eat even when I feel like stuffing myself. So I keep lots of veggies, fruit and protein on hand to reach for. Thankfully my husband is more supportive of my goals than he has ever been in the past and when he wants a treat he has a special stash hidden somewhere and eats it when I am not around. I hope everyone here finds the "key". Be strong, strive on...we can do it!
  • vnsx
    vnsx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time, I get frustrated with my [lack of] progress and I say f* it and binge :\ you need to distract yourself when you feel it coming, maybe chug a glass of water too, but yeah, it's easier said than done
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have cried after, but I haven't done that lately. However, after a bad weigh in, yep, I will on occasion binge on the spot. It's worse when I have made a good effort with staying within my calorie guideline and working out 5 days a week and I either didn't lose or I gained. I do get mad at myself and wonder why the weight isn't coming off. I wondered if it could be a thyroid issue, but had that tested and they ruled that out. I just take a deep breath when I weight and just kind of tell myself that it's a number. I can see physical changes in my body and in my overall mood. Screw scales!
  • renoellie
    renoellie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I binge its not usually associated with my weight loss or gain. I have no idea what actually causes it, but when I sit down to eat some days I will eat so much and not have any control over what I am doing. I feel terrible afterward, but at that point there is nothing I can do about it. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks that might help out?
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i only have to look in the mirror to cry myself into shame. i only clothes shop when it becomes an absolute NECESSITY. and NEVER before then. LMAO
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself because it usually will send me down a dark path if it's higher than expected. I did my measurements in October and it was a harsh wake up call. It physically hurts to know how out of control I've gotten. So ashamed but happy to have mfp.
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ladycclear wrote: »
    padmii wrote: »

Yum. Cake sounds really good to me too. But I've "decided" to just say no for these reasons:
    1. Cake isn't fuel for my body.
    2. It's after 8pm and I don't eat solid food after 8
    3. I don't have have any cake.

Note that #3 is the easiest reason that keeps me sticking to my decision to eat less.

Wtg Lady - great to make guidelines and look @ food as fuel. I seemed to have forgotten that over the last couple years.
  • tuscaroragirl
    tuscaroragirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I joined this group because I am caught in that same vicious cycle of binge eating/over eating whenever the scale doesn't budge after a week or two of meticulously counting calories & working out. If the scale doesn't move, I automatically want to turn to food (especially sweets) for comfort. I've been an emotional eater since I was a liitle girl. I have found that doing something with my hands such as quilting or beading or going for a long walks helps to keep my mind off food whenever I want to turn to it just because I'm upset.