Just Started!

Options
Hello all,
My name is Rachelle and I just started the program, I am on the 800 calorie a day VLCD. I am 19, and I am hoping to lose around 50lbs. I am somewhat anxious.... doesn't seem like I will actually LOSE weight this fast. I can't feel a difference as of now. (I suppose because it has been a little over 24 hours.) I am having some difficulty actually FINISHING the meal replacements... I am getting pretty full, and just can't force myself. Not sure what to do about that, will it slow down my weight loss? Please, someone out there get back to me. :-)

Replies

• sarahlyd
    sarahlyd Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here! I am also on a 800 calorie VLCD. The first week is going to be the hardest and the products aren't the tastiest thing around. :) You'll get used to drinking them. It is important to follow your plan as proscribed - you need to get enough calories to keep you healthy. I would talk to you dietitian the next time you are in the office. He or she may have suggestions for you.

If you follow the plan, you'll be on the road to losing weight.
  • motherhen03
    motherhen03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started January 30th. I'm on the 600 calorie VLCD. The first two days were fine, but yesterday and today were tough. I haven't had a problem finishing the products. Today I got lightheaded so I called my nurse and she said to drink some water with a bouillon cube. I felt better almost instantly. I haven't had a problem drinking my water. I'm sooooo thirsty, always. I'm 33 and hoping to lose 80 lbs.
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow 600. So it's that 3 shakes
  • motherhen03
    Options
    Yes, 3 shakes a day. It's quite sad. But, as of this morning, I am down 20 lbs. In 3 weeks. So, it's working.
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do they give you stats on how many other people have kept off the weight after they get off the shakes.
  • amanditaroa
    amanditaroa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same question as Erock0628
  • motherhen03
    Options
    My clinic doesn't, but you can check out the national weight control registry for some good information. My clinic has a maintenance program you begin once you are a slightly below your goal weight (you always gain a little during the transition). I attend weekly nutrition classes that have been teaching me how I'm going to eat once I enter maintenance. It's basically a primal diet.