MFP Apprentice members introduction

Options

Replies

• RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm Terri. I am 42 years young, am currently at 257.4 pounds, and live in Southeast Wisconsin. My job is primarily sedentary, with a lot of data entry/answering phones.

I am joining this challenge to give myself an added incentive to continue on my weight loss journey. Due to some physical limitations and illnesses, I added back all the weight I'd previously lost plus some. I am now facing the real possibility of having diabetes in the future if I don't lose weight, however I cannot change my diet entirely due to other health issues and food allergies/sensitivities. So exercising will be a key for me here!

Thank you for allowing me to participate in this challenge with you! :)
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My name is Serena. I turn 41 in a couple of weeks. I live in Georgia. I have been married for 20 years and have two wonderful teenagers. I have been on MFP for awhile. But lost my way for awhile and gained weight back. I am ready to get back in shape. I am currently 164 lbs. with a goal weight of 130-135. I saw this challenge and think it will help me get motivated after my surgery on Feb. 12th and subsequent recovery. Looking forward to the challenges!!!
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm 51. I just can't seem to stay motivated. I eat pretty healthy then go on a junk food binge for a couple of days. I'm having trouble jump-starting my exercise. Again, I do it really well and then nothing. I hope this will help get me exercising; the endocrinologist appt. next week will hopefully identify why my thyroid is off despite daily synthroid. I'm looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Linda. I am 52 I live in Florida and I am a cancer survivor as of 1 year now. I am a fitness & BeachBody coach and a running coach... My goals are to lose 6% body fat, 15 pounds and increase my cardio while increasing my muscle mass.
  • MurallyAnn
    MurallyAnn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Mary Ann. I live in Michigan with my husband of 31 years. I am a former member of MFP but let it go to the way side for 2 years. In that 2 years I put on 24 pounds. I had a total hysterectomy and my body has not been the same ever since. I became friends with Lisa and her hubby Sean back then and Lisa was kind enough to get me back on and be more accountable for my actions. So I am here to help push you all and to get back to the life style my 54 yr. old body needs to become healthy and to be able to chase my grandbabies around!!!
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Phyllis. I'm 66 and am on on maintenance now (Lost 51 pounds total). I gained about 8 pounds back during the holidays, which I would like to shed again. Just retired this past July and have stepped up my activity level quite a bit. Not sure I'm ready for burpees, but I walk, exercise 3-5 days a week and try to walk a mile a day. Looking forward to giving this a try!
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    MurallyAnn wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Mary Ann. I live in Michigan with my husband of 31 years. I am a former member of MFP but let it go to the way side for 2 years. In that 2 years I put on 24 pounds. I had a total hysterectomy and my body has not been the same ever since. I became friends with Lisa and her hubby Sean back then and Lisa was kind enough to get me back on and be more accountable for my actions. So I am here to help push you all and to get back to the life style my 54 yr. old body needs to become healthy and to be able to chase my grandbabies around!!!

Mary Ann, you can run but you can't hide from me!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Jackie, 54 years old, live in Washington State. I move back to Washington to be near my grand babies but gained some weight back. I'm 8 pounds from my highest maintence weight. Plus, I retired when we made the move, having done so I joined a gym. This lots like a blast, thanks Sean and Lisa, for orgaizing this!
  • Cycle_pathic
    Cycle_pathic Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!! I'm Dave, 45 years old from Rhode Island. Went from 330 pounds down to 220 a couple of years ago, but have been slowly putting weight back on, currently sitting around 260. Up until recently almost all of my exercise has been cardio, but recently started weight training, so I'm looking to lose inches and build strength and muscle.

Thanks to Sean and Lisa... Looking forward to this!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Monita and I'm 47 years old. I'm married w 2 boys (10 and 15 years old). Currently, I am 234lbs. Working hard to go to and stay in ONE-derland this year. Good luck everyone!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,261 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tina and I'm 59 years old. I have been on MFP for years. I lose weight and then I gain it back. I really want to lose it for good this year. I have been logging in every day and walking 5 miles a day. This challenge will be fun. Thanks Sean and Lisa for setting this up.
  • pop44
    pop44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Ernest 71 years old. I have been on this site for 3 years. Lost 14 lbs but put it back on in the last six months.
    Need motivation to lose the lbs and keep it off.
    Currently cycle and do TRX.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and I am 29. I have 2 kids, a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. It seems my problem isn't gaining weight during the pregnancy (it came off like water weight when my kids were born), but for both kids I gradually gained 20-30 pounds within the first year after each of them were born! I lost the weight successfully after my daughter. Went from 210 to 155, which was lower than my starting weight of around 180 before she was born. After my son was born I was around 165, and a year later I am at 190. Hoping to get back to a healthy LIFELONG lifestyle this time (unless we decide to have another kid and mix things up again haha).
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Terri. I had lost a total of 130 lbs then had some health issues so I gained some back. I'm at 97 lbs lost now & trying to get to my goal weight of 160 lbs. I'm limited as far as exercise goes because of a recent knee replacement, but I'm willing to give you everything I've got!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lynn. I will be turning 50 in July. I have been on this site for a few years and have known Sean and Lisa for a while. This challenge sounds like exactly what I need. I had lost about 30 pounds a few years ago and stalled. I haven't been trying as hard as I need to. I want to lose at least 20 more pounds. I lost the weight when I was logging daily. That is what I need to start doing and eating healthier. I am good at exercise. I walk 6 miles per day almost every day. I had a health scare back in November. For the most part everything turned out alright. But, when I was in the hospital they checked a lot of things. My heart is good and so is my kidneys and liver. I need to lower my blood pressure a little bit. It isn't super high, but needs to be lower about 10-20 points. If I lose the weight and get in better shape I know that will happen.
    I want to be in great shape when I hit the big 50!!!! I already have the day before and the day of my birthday planned by going to 2 concerts. I will need lots of energy. Then the next day is my best friend's son's birthday. We always celebrate our birthdays (and her daughter's is the day before mine).
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I’m Tamika. I’m 38. I have been with MFP for a couple of years and have lost a great deal of weight but I have gained some of the weight back by falling back into a few bad habits. But I am determined to get back on track and stay on my path to a better healthier ME.
  • Romes08
    Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jessica! I'm 25, my CW is 252 and my final goal weight is 165. I am hoping to keep up motivation with joining this challenge. I usually do great early in the day but afternoon kicks my butt.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Karen and just turned 50 before Christmas. I have been a yoyo dieter most of my life. My weight now is 237 but I am sure once this challenge starts it will be higher as next week we are doing a family trip to Disneyland and area. I have 2 children, daughter 15 and son 13 and I would like to be around for grandchildren. I have high blood pressure that I take 3 pills for and 2 pills for depression I would like to be off all meds. I have a home daycare so by the time I get a few mins. to myself I am exhausted so I need to figure out how to take care of myself so I can be here for my family
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Anita 56 years old. I'm also from Iowa but a Cyclones fan, Sorry JJ! I've been on MF for awhile. I just need some motivation to get started again.
  • heppin0310
    heppin0310 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm Heather and I am 28..will be 29 in March...I live in Louisiana. I am engaged with a wedding coming up in 2017.. I did the Soprano challenge back in 2013 and LOVED it so I was super excited to hear about the new challenge. I have been slacking for a while and have put on some weight, but I am finally getting back on track having lost 12 pounds so far. I like lifting weights and hopefully will be starting a new program at my fiance's gym. I have set a goal to lose 30 pounds by June 21st as well as run at least one 5k race in 40 min or under. Feel free to add me as a friend!!! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.