Soon to be mom, new to group!

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this group, and even though I haven't had my baby yet, I'd love to be able to meet some people to hold me accountable for my future goals!
Baby Belle is due January 13th, so she is almost here!
I was a fitness competitor before, but this is a whole new ball game for me and I would love some help and support to get me back down to where I want to be.
When I first became pregnant I was 175lbs with 18.5% body fat, and now I'm at 196, and I don't know my body fat due to a very very rough first pregnancy.
I can't wait to meet people, and I promise I will help you out as well!

Replies

• steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am due January 1st and will be joining this group soon too. I am a huge fitness freak and previously competitive athlete. I have only gained about 17 lbs this pregnancy but I am nervous about trying to figure out exercise and nutrition in the postpartum period. It is going to be a whole new ballgame with no sleep and the responsibility of a whole little life who needs me 24/7.
  • CinderellaDaisy
    CinderellaDaisy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey! How are you two doing with your new little ones?
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi, things are going well. My little man is just over 5 weeks. I'm more adjusted to functioning on little sleep, and getting better at waking with him and being able to fall back asleep after (I found this very hard at the beginning and would often just be up all night). He is pretty regular feeding every 3 hours. I got back into exercise at about 2 weeks postpartum and am back to running 5 and 10 km now. The thing I find is the biggest adjustment is never having a moment to myself anymore. My husband is the main income provider now and I am with the little man 24/7, so he dictates the schedule. This can make it difficult to get things done like making dinner, cleaning, working out etc. because if he is up and decides he wants to be held then that is what's happening, and some days that can be all day! I just try to accomplish what I can the minute he falls asleep.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    @fernt21 If you have an infant carrier or wrap/sling, this is a great time to try it out (and if you don't have one consider getting one!). When my babies went through the constantly wanting to be held business the carrier was a life saver. You can get a surprising amount of stuff done with a baby strapped to your chest ;). I don't know how I would manage to do grocery shopping without it! (I have four kids ages 9, 6, 3, and 6 months - the littlest is just now ready to sit in the cart, but up until now the only way to have room in the cart for the groceries was to put her in the front carrier while shopping; works great for other times when you really need two hands, but baby wants to be held). HTH!