Baking Keto Help!

Options
So I found a Keto pound cake recipe online and decided to give it a try . However I've noticed that whenever I'm baking anything low carb it comes out extremely moist like raw in a sense . I wonder what I am doing wrong? All the photos they look like actually baked good however a mines look "wet"

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    can you post the recipe so we can try to figure it out. keep in mind some peoples photos of their products are not what actually turned out, it can be misleading.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    You probably either need to cook it a little longer or cook it at a higher temperature (every oven differs depending on where in the country / world you are located). Also posting a link to the recipe would be good so that we know what ingredients you used. :)
  • nerrom2003
    nerrom2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am very pleased with the results of this recipe. Enjoy and skip the carbs!

1 ¼ c almond flour

¾ c of swerve or other sugar substitute

1 tsp baking powder

¼ tsp of salt

4 eggs

3 ½ oz cream cheese

4 tbs softened butter

1 tsp of vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a mixing bowl mix with an electric mixer on high beat the butter with the sugar substitute until well mixed then add the cream cheese next add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla. Next add all the dry ingredients until well combined.

In a well- greased cake or loaf pan bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown on top.

I put them in a little longer outside over cooked /burnish and inside still "wet"
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    To me it looks like you dont have enough almond flour to balance the wetness of the eggs butter and cream cheese. You could add a bit more or a tablespoon of coconut flour which will soak it up more and give it more substance. Most of the recipes I do use 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups almond flour and 1 tbsp coconut flour. Let us know if you find the solution!