Need a good phone armband

Options
nicolejo143
nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
Does anyone know of a good brand of an armband phone holder for running? My previous one wasn't very good and it just broke on me. I'm running a marathon next weekend and I hate to spend money on something thats going to just going to break again. I prefer an armband to a belt because I'm used to wearing it on my arm and I already use a belt for water/fuel (doesn't hold a phone).

Replies

• goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I switched to the flipbelt since there wasn't many arm bands that I liked with my phone. I have warn my water belt over the top with no issues. Good luck this weekend!
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    goalie35 wrote: »
    I switched to the flipbelt since there wasn't many arm bands that I liked with my phone. I have warn my water belt over the top with no issues. Good luck this weekend!

Next weekend not this weekend. But thanks.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have a Nathan Supersonic 3 that's been reasonably good. The nice thing about it was it's made of a moisture resistant fabric unlike the other cheap arm bands that are just neoprene and let sweat get through to the phone. The durability on it has been a bit mediocre though, and after 6 months it still works but it's visibly coming apart.

I recently picked up an Auria All-Weather phone band, and it claimed to be sweat proof and weather proof. Time will tell on the durability, and it's a little clunky, but it seems to hold up on the sweat proof claim so far and looks better sealed than anything else I've seen that wasn't a hard case.