LCHF support

Options
Hi all!
This is my first ever post! I started low carb/high fat yesterday. I want to lose around 100 pounds, putting me at my goal of 140. I did Atkins a few years ago and lost weight quickly and easily until I fell off the low carb wagon. I am looking for some encouragement/support as I embark on this journey!

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place; this group has been great. :)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ditto what macchiatto said! I have 100+ lbs to lose and for the first time in my life I feel really hopeful about my future. I did low carb, high protein, low fat for years and got nowhere. Fat is the solution :smile: Welcome to the group!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Welcome. So glad you found us!
  • fit_elliex
    fit_elliex Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smiley:

It's my day 4 so I'm new too :blush:

You can add me as a friend if you like. I'm always happy to share meal ideas or though at the moment my food diary is boring :smiley:

Good luck with your journey :smile:
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! The Launch Pad located at the top of the group forum page is an awesome resource to help learn about the LCHF way of life! Best of luck!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an awesome group of people ...Feel free to add me ....wishing you much success :)
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome!! The folks here are friendly, offer excellent advice on wide range of topics, and lots of support! Good luck reaching your goal!!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Many of us are open to friend requests. I have my diary shared out to my friends so they can see my food. I have been going along LCHF off and on for 8 years, but am hitting it hard this year. Been going since July of 2015 and am down 40 pounds. I also have about 100 to lose. It's doable!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. :) I hope you have great success with LCHF this time too.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great group! Best wishes!
  • Beachlady228
    Beachlady228 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in my third week and would be happy to be friends. I have lost weight before on Atkins too and went off the LC wagon and gained it all back several times. I am determined to stick with it this time. I am finding LCHF to be a better fit for me. Welcome!
  • serrano2886
    serrano2886 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah!! Welcome, I'm on day 3 of LCHF diet and so far so good, I'm looking to loose 70 lbs., Please feel free to add me, always looking for cheerleaders and motivation!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too and on day 9 of the low carb diet. I have to say, days 6 and 7 were a bit rough due to the keto phase, but I'm only experiencing that feeling a little in the afternoons now. Lots of good info here. I'm hoping this will help me lower my glucose numbers and be a life style change I can live with. Have a great day!
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I have been on the keto journey for a little over a year now. I've lost just over 80lbs with another 30 to go. This is by far the easiest thing I have ever done. I'm very thankful for this group and the encouragement given within. I wish you great success!
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and am feeling so good about it! Looking to lose 80 lbs. Feel free to add me and we can support each other along the way! :)