Bravesandorangemenfan's Journal

Options
Hi,

I'm not new to exercise. I used to workout religiously but that seems like a lifetime ago. Now, I'm a mom and the last thing I want to do is go for a run. My job is one where I don't have a choice about being fit, and I just want to feel good about my body again!! I'm kind of terrible at keeping this a habit so any encouragement is definitely needed/wanted. My goal is to lose weight, but ultimately it's to love working out again and lead a healthier lifestyle.

Replies

• kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So what is your plan for days when you.just.don't.wanna?

I rely heavily on my husband, if he can get up and workout so can I.
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    I live with my sister so I kind of do the same thing. Or I just start out small, like walking around my neighborhood. But honestly, I just make myself.
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    Today I ran 1.5 miles, walked 1 and then ran another .3 miles. I didn't want to, but I got it done!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    For someone who hates running, your almost 3 mile session sounds pretty impressive to me. Good job, did you make sure to log it?
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    Thanks! I did, gotta get that credit. I'm working on cardio right now. I want to add strength in a few weeks.
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    Lost a battle today, but recognized my unhealthy behavior and tomorrow will be better.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Call it a day off, everyone needs a day off here or there.
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    50extra wrote: »
    Call it a day off, everyone needs a day off here or there.

It was :-) Back on track today.
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    I think I've been replying to the wrong post for my journal entries. Haha, oops. I'm staying on track so far. I think the people on here and sunshine is helping :-)
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    I think I've been replying to the wrong post for my journal entries. Haha, oops. I'm staying on track so far. I think the people on here and sunshine is helping :-)

Heading into the weekend...always a challenge
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Good Luck !
    Remember your goal :smile:.
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    Good Luck !
    Remember your goal :smile:.

Thanks! Didn't get too far off track considering the Super Bowl. I even ran for a bit.

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Didn't get too far off track considering the Super Bowl. I even ran for a bit.
    That's great !

• LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. I find writing here really does help.
  • bravesandorangemenfan
    Options
    You're doing great. I find writing here really does help.

I agree, it does!!! I'm trying to get better at running, speed/endurance. What's the best (free)app for a schedule? I have the Nike running app already.