Fatbombs

Options
Hi!! I need help!! My carbs are right up there at 30gs most days or above but my calories and fat are suffering,

Can anyone share their fatbomb ideas with me ( no matter how weird- I love wired)

And maybe if you aren't doing fat bombs maybe share a tip to get my fat up with no added carbs( or low added carbs)

Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    pinterest.com has many recipes ...I like the chocolate peanutbutter fatbombs and the peppermint one
  • pippacorcoran
    pippacorcoran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    pinterest.com has many recipes ...I like the chocolate peanutbutter fatbombs and the peppermint one

Ooh I love peanut butter, will check the peppermint out, that sounds different :)
  • mamagib4
    mamagib4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How exciting... My first post on this site and it's one of my recipes!! I use good quality honey when it ways sweetener. And I okay used 1tbsp. Spread out over tons of bites the carbs are so minimal!
    Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup softened (not melted) cold pressed virgin coconut oil
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1-2 Tbsp equivalent to sugar or your sweetener of choice
    • 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
    • 2-4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 2 Tbsp almond butter or other nut butter
    • Optional-unsweetened dried coconut (for rolling or sprinkling)
    Instructions:
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or food processor until mixture is smooth.
    Drop by the tablespoon onto waxed or parchment paper and cover (or roll) with ddried coconut.
    Refrigerate until the candies are solid, then store in a covered container in the fridge.
  • pippacorcoran
    Options
    mamagib4 wrote: »
    How exciting... My first post on this site and it's one of my recipes!! I use good quality honey when it ways sweetener. And I okay used 1tbsp. Spread out over tons of bites the carbs are so minimal!
    Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup softened (not melted) cold pressed virgin coconut oil
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1-2 Tbsp equivalent to sugar or your sweetener of choice
    • 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
    • 2-4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 2 Tbsp almond butter or other nut butter
    • Optional-unsweetened dried coconut (for rolling or sprinkling)
    Instructions:
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or food processor until mixture is smooth.
    Drop by the tablespoon onto waxed or parchment paper and cover (or roll) with ddried coconut.
    Refrigerate until the candies are solid, then store in a covered container in the fridge.

Thank you for this will let u know how they go, sounds amazing :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I start every day with about 30g of fat, 0 carbs and there's just 1g protein by adding 1Tbs coconut oil or MCT oil and 1Tbs butter to my coffee. It's about 250 calories and is a great way to start your day off with a boost of ketones, energy and appetite control. Not to mention takes care of about 1/4 of your fat intake.
    If you don't like coffee you can try it in broth or tea.
    I don't make fat bombs myself because I just avoid sweets as a rule. They just make me want to over eat. Plus I want to leave low carb sweets as only for holidays or special occasions.
    You can make fat bombs that aren't sweet, but I find that they just end up being a replacement for food because then I'm not hungry and I would rather eat food since I've never made a savory fat bomb that I would want to be my lunch.
    I eat salami and pepperoni quite often with cheese for my first meal of the day. I just roll it up. Having 2-4 of those is usually enough to satisfy hunger and gives a good amount of fat. You could even roll it in a lettuce leaf and add some mayo or avocado for even more fat and yummy-ness. Sometimes I'll have a salad and make sure to use a good amount of full fat dressing (I like Caesar and ranch) and I'll add some cheese and olives too.
    Dinners seem to be easiest to add fat to. I often add a 1/2Tbs butter to meat, even if I cooked it in butter and/or coconut oil already, and of course butter my veggies.
    This usually gets me to about 100g fat a day without ever eating fat bombs.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil or butter in coffee or chai tea is an easy way to add fats for me. I usually have a couple of hundred calories per day that way.

I have made this at bomb before. It's a but like a peanut butter cup:
    1 cup coconut oil
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    3Tbs cocoa
    24 drops liquid stevia
    A few drops of vanilla

I divide it into 24 in two ice cube trays. That's about 130 calories each. They are a mouth ful so halting the size might be an idea.
    They're good with nuts or coconut added too.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I second @Sunny_Bunny_ on the fat bombs. They would be dangerous in my house. It's bad enough that I eat the quest PB cups nearly daily but at least they're in a packet so I'm not remotely tempted to eat more than one. If I had loose balls of yummy sweet fatty goodness lying around I would likely pop a few too many in my mouth... but that's just me and I'm a food addict.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have made fat bombs similar to the ones mentioned. B/c they're so rich, I don't tend to want more than one a day, occasionally two.
    Also google "cream cheese fluff" or "cream cheese clouds" if you do dairy. The fat content isn't quite as high but really yummy and I love both. :)
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just overdid it on the fatbomb for lunch... feeling somewhat ill... but man was it good:

86g Fresh Express Spinach, steamed in the microwave for 2 minutes
    16g Kerrygold butter
    33g cream cheese
    ~1oz aged raw milk cheddar
    1/2 (88g) an avocado
    salt & pepper

It was decadent... and I recommend you only eat it at your own risk haha...

499 calories 12g Protein 13g Carbs 45(!)g fat 674mg sodium 2g Sugar

ETA: prob too many carbs for you... I try to stay around 50g a day... You could skip the avocado...

ETA 2: Guess I should have checked what fatbomb meant... I just guessed haha wups.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have three scrambled Omega-3 eggs. I scramble them with about 1.5 TBSP of heavy whipping cream (I no longer measure b/c I'm lazy) which is a nice easy way to add fat to breakfast and offsets the high protein content of the eggs. Super filling and rich. I also add plenty of salt to get my sodium in. I typically also have three strips of bacon, or 50g of ham with the eggs. If I have bacon then I cook the eggs in approx 1tbsp of the fat from the bacon, or if I'm having ham I sautee it in about 1tbsp of butter. Again, this adds fat and makes them tasty.

For the same reason @Sunny_Bunny_ said, I haven't bothered trying Fat Bombs. The only "Sweet" I allow myself is one or two squares of 85% dark chocolate and even there I worry that I might back-slide.
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm going to develop a lavender and Earl Grey fat bomb, and will happily share the recipe when completed and tested :p;)
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Simple here...I have been doing a teaspoon of coconut oil with 1/2 packet of Splenda. I eat straight off the spoon. It's weird (texture wise) at first and really sweet too. I had been reading about oil pulling. I think maybe this is same but I don't spit the oil out. Regardless, I believe my gums are looking healthier because of this so it is a plus. As mentioned above, I don't eat as much real food when I do this and that might NOT be a good thing.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I make "Heavy Tea" which is a cup of tea (typically something yummy like Vanilla Mint Pu Erh, Java Fusion Black Tea, Cinnamon Plum Herbal, Creme Brulee Royale Black) and then after it is made, use a stick blender to add in 2 oz heavy cream, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, and 1 tsp of Unsweetened Cocoa. It is savory and no sugar (even in the tea) but comes in with 1 gram of carb and about 330 calories. It's a great way to start out the day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    These are my absolute favourites! However i don't make them anymore, as i make a batch of 12 in the morning and they're usually all gone by the evening :worried:

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    MilllieMoo wrote: »
    I'm going to develop a lavender and Earl Grey fat bomb, and will happily share the recipe when completed and tested :p;)

Why does that sound more like a bath bomb to me lollo? ;)
  • pippacorcoran
    Options
    I start every day with about 30g of fat, 0 carbs and there's just 1g protein by adding 1Tbs coconut oil or MCT oil and 1Tbs butter to my coffee. It's about 250 calories and is a great way to start your day off with a boost of ketones, energy and appetite control. Not to mention takes care of about 1/4 of your fat intake.
    If you don't like coffee you can try it in broth or tea.
    I don't make fat bombs myself because I just avoid sweets as a rule. They just make me want to over eat. Plus I want to leave low carb sweets as only for holidays or special occasions.
    You can make fat bombs that aren't sweet, but I find that they just end up being a replacement for food because then I'm not hungry and I would rather eat food since I've never made a savory fat bomb that I would want to be my lunch.
    I eat salami and pepperoni quite often with cheese for my first meal of the day. I just roll it up. Having 2-4 of those is usually enough to satisfy hunger and gives a good amount of fat. You could even roll it in a lettuce leaf and add some mayo or avocado for even more fat and yummy-ness. Sometimes I'll have a salad and make sure to use a good amount of full fat dressing (I like Caesar and ranch) and I'll add some cheese and olives too.
    Dinners seem to be easiest to add fat to. I often add a 1/2Tbs butter to meat, even if I cooked it in butter and/or coconut oil already, and of course butter my veggies.
    This usually gets me to about 100g fat a day without ever eating fat bombs.

Yh I love coffee so this seems like a good plan! Thank you :)