Not exactly new to this, but starting from ground zero

Options
Gave this a try over a year ago. Lost 30 pounds and notice a difference in muscle tone. Just got lazy. No excuses. All the weight came back with the return of bad habits.
My goal is to lose the fat (at least 45lbs) while gaining muscle. Not looking for mass, I just want my shirts to stop hanging off my belly like a shower curtain. I want to be able to breath while I tie my shoes before I have to resort to slip ons. I know that there are a million theories out there on weight loss. I am committed to cutting the junk food, soda, tea, etc. I am committed to eating less calories than I burn. I am committed to the 3 weekly 5x5 workouts.
Though I know I have to have self-discilpline, and I really have to do this alone, if you think you can throw some ideas and support my way, please send me a friend request.
Good luck to everyone on their personal missions!

Replies

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Calorie reduction + Stronglifts + cardio on days you don't lift should do it I don't know that you'll gain a lot of muscle on a deficit but you should be able to maintain most of what you have and you'll get stronger. Good luck
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Gave this a try over a year ago. Lost 30 pounds and notice a difference in muscle tone. Just got lazy. No excuses. All the weight came back with the return of bad habits.
    My goal is to lose the fat (at least 45lbs) while gaining muscle. Not looking for mass, I just want my shirts to stop hanging off my belly like a shower curtain. I want to be able to breath while I tie my shoes before I have to resort to slip ons. I know that there are a million theories out there on weight loss. I am committed to cutting the junk food, soda, tea, etc. I am committed to eating less calories than I burn. I am committed to the 3 weekly 5x5 workouts.
    Though I know I have to have self-discilpline, and I really have to do this alone, if you think you can throw some ideas and support my way, please send me a friend request.
    Good luck to everyone on their personal missions!

Are you still at it? What are your numbers looking like now?