Fed up, not losing any weight :(

Options
abijones75
abijones75 Posts: 116 Member
Hi all, I've just started trying to lose weight and tone up, been dieting and exercising since last Tues so a week today. I've been eating less than 1200 calories and going to gym for an hour a day, plus walking everywhere and I've lost less than 1ib, I'm gutted! What can I do to speed things up? In the past whenever I decide to lose weight and really stick to it I lose about 4 ibs in the first week, and I've never been so good with the exercise before. My start weight is 10 stone, my goal is 9 stone.

Replies

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I can get really frustrating to not see that jump. Just keep doing what you are doing, it may take another week or more. Don't give up!
  • luckyblueeye
    luckyblueeye Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Today is my day #22 and I'm finally seeing a difference. I converted your weight in lbs as stones don't tell anything ;) So you are about 140 lbs and goal is 126 lbs? Very close to my situation. I'm 5 ft 7" (170 cm) and 126 lbs was always where I felt comfortable. Then.....I got older, had 4 kids...and now it's a struggle! Maybe it's the new muscle from going to the gym that is making the scale not show much? Hang in there, give it more time :)
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough is problem #1. Your body is holding on to food instead of burning because it doesn't have enough. problem #2 u may think you're doing a lot but may not be. If you haven't already invested in a heart rate monitor. are u doing weights or cardio at the gym?if u are trying to burn fat then get on the treadmill for 30 minutes to an hour at a speed no more than 3 miles and hour. that should keep your body in fat burn mode. And lots of water! It's only been a week. It's a process. Give it time. the results will come!
  • katielael_5
    katielael_5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just keep drinking plenty of water!!! And if you're close to your time of the month that might be a factor too, because I know when it is mine, I tend to hold onto or even gain up to 3 pounds of water weight. So just keep drinking water and change up your workout routine with different forms of cardio. Also, when working out, your body tends to hold on to more water and lactic acid in the muscles. Take a day off or do lighter exercise in between more intense days to help the body recover and shed more water.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Try adding more protein and eating less starch. Starch will make you retain water which will slow your weight loss progress.
  • MaryMoCla
    MaryMoCla Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Be patient! We all would LOVE instant results but weightloss isn't like that. Enjoy the physical activity and eating better...and it will all come together. I do agree with another post - you likely are not even getting the nutrition your body needs at 1200 calories. Could you live on 1200 forever? This is a lifestyle change so you need to find a calorie range that is sustainable for the rest of your life.