What's your favorite source of lean protein?

Probably the single most asked question I get is "what do you eat to get the recommend amount of protein in to promote muscle growth and fat loss?". Well here's a list of my go-to's feel free to add yours!

Replies

• taramarie1979
    taramarie1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Boneless skinless chicken breast, tuna packed in water, protein smoothies, cheese, nuts, fat free cottage cheese, greek yogurt, frozen greek yogurt pops, ground turkey, turkey breast, ham, lean cuts of beef (filets, top steak and bottom steak, sirloin), deer steak, eggs, shrimp, pork chops, kale, navy beans, black beans.
  • Kdvaughan
    Kdvaughan Posts: 2 Member
    You mentioned every one of mine!!!
  • carriehenry78
    carriehenry78 Posts: 3 Member
    Chicken, cold water fish (salmon, snapper, tuna, halibut, grouper), lean beef (extra lean ground sirloin, filet, NY strip) pork tenderloin, pork chops (trimmed), turkey (deli and also ground as a substitute for beef), beans (especially black beans!), and my go-to breakfast fave: almond butter! I also use protein powder in smoothies, or will drink a muscle milk.
  • Jenni_jo
    Jenni_jo Posts: 2 Member
    I really think I'm the chicken ,tuna ,talipia queen . Greek yogurt is a staple for me and string cheese is a quick snack.
  • valerie0830
    valerie0830 Posts: 1 Member
    How do you eat Kale? Do you put it in your salad?
  • amandadaire
    amandadaire Posts: 2 Member
    How do you eat Kale? Do you put it in your salad?
    I don't really eat it because I don't like the flavor. But I have had it in a lentil soup before and it was pretty good.
  • taramarie1979
    taramarie1979 Posts: 7 Member
    I use it in my protein smoothies. I just blend kale and frozen fruit with water and add a scoop of vanilla protein powder. My favorite fruits to blend with it are frozen strawberries and bananas. I also eat it in my salad and I love Kale Chips. You can buy them at walmart. Yummy.