Fit bit weekly stats not making sense

Options
My weekly Fitbit stats show: calories in =11,155 calories burned 12,217 and Net Calories in vs out + 2438. How can that be as when I do the math I com up with -1062??? I am trying to find out how I can come up with my net calories each week to track against my goal of -3500.. but these numbers don't make sense. I track and sync my calories thru MFP. Can someone help! :/

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's saying you were over your goal deficit by 2438.
    If you planned a deficit of 3500, but you ate over your goal by 2438 calories which leaves you with a deficit of -1062.

Mine for example:

In - 13746
    Out - 14944
    Goal = -1750
    Net = + 547
    14949 - 13746 = 1203

1750 - 1203 = 547

My deficit was 547 calories above were my goal was set.

If your under goal you will see something like this:
    In: 15669
    Out: 19229
    Goal: -3500
    Net: -60

19229 - 15669= 3560
    I was 60 calories under were my goal was set.

If you meet your goal the net is 0. If you eat more than your goal, your net is positive. If you eat below your goal your net is negative.
  • janiegirl108
    janiegirl108 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'm still trying to figure this out it is clear but not perfectly clear I have to think about it. So the daily deficit is my calorie burn -500 if I need a 3500 weekly deficit?

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    The weekly report is confusing. I never have figured out where they get the weight change number. I can't add each week's weight change to the next to get cumulative weight change. So, I pretty much stopped using it.

Instead, I use Trendweight to watch my weight changes (it smooths out the daily variations) and I use the numbers on the graph on my Fitbit profile page to compare calories in vs. calories out. It is over 30 days, not a week, but it is simple to use and understand.
  • mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to this and very confused! Why has my total number of calories in MFP that I can eat gone down?

GOAL

FOOD
    +
    EXERCISE
    =
    NET
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to this and very confused! Why has my total number of calories in MFP that I can eat gone down?

GOAL

FOOD
    +
    EXERCISE
    =
    NET

From those numbers, it looks like you've been much less active (according to your Fitbit) than expected from your MFP settings. Do you have your MFP activity level set high? Did you have a very inactive day?

If that is not the case, then you might be affected by an MFP bug that is getting a lot of people. Go to Steps (in the app) or Apps->Steps on the website and make sure that your step source is set to "Fitbit Tracker".

If that is okay, then more information is needed. If you go to the exercise page of the website (or the diary of the app) and click on the little 'i' next to "Fitbit Calorie Adjustment" (or, in the app, touch and touch again) you should see something like this:

aqwjdadn5e0g.jpg

All that information would help us figure out what is causing your large negative adjustment.