So over eggs! Breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Prawns n avocado wrapped in nori. Surprisingly quick.

I love prawn hand rolls! I chop my prawns up and mix them up with some Mayo and Sriracha.
  • jemcult15
    jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    All fabulous ideas! I had half an avocado, and some deli turkey with a smear of cream cheese this morning. It felt a little weird to be eating non-breakfasty type food, but it was sure good.

I'm thinking about trying those Atkins shakes, anyone try them out before?
  • jemcult15
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    Bacon wrapped avocado.
    Discovered these gems yesterday.
    step 1) Pre heat oven to 425.
    2) slice avocado
    3) wrap a slice in bacon (Half a slice of bacone worked for each sliver but you could use more or less)
    4) season as desired (chili powder, garlic powder)
    5) Bake 15 minutes (or bake 10/broil 5 - adjust for your oven/crispiness)

6) eat the f out of them.

I'll be trying this out on the weekend! Very excited!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Watch the Atkins shakes for carbs! If they fit your carb allowance they can be a decent meal replacement.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    Bacon wrapped avocado.
    Discovered these gems yesterday.
    step 1) Pre heat oven to 425.
    2) slice avocado
    3) wrap a slice in bacon (Half a slice of bacone worked for each sliver but you could use more or less)
    4) season as desired (chili powder, garlic powder)
    5) Bake 15 minutes (or bake 10/broil 5 - adjust for your oven/crispiness)

6) eat the f out of them.

I will definitely eat the f out of these, but I'll probably have to fight the rest of the family off with a stick or I won't get any.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've found that with this WOE I only need two meals per day now. Most days I skip lunch but a couple days a week I skip breakfast. Helps me in a few ways not the least of which is avoiding egg fatigue. I've also started sometimes adding 1 tbsp of peanut butter on top of my scrambled eggs to change up the flavour sometimes and I alternat between bacon and ham with my eggs.
  • Beachlady228
    Beachlady228 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think Atkins shakes are one of the few Atkins products that have no sugar alcohols and 4 grams of fiber.Maybe add some MCT, butter or heavy cream to up the fat.
  • jemcult15
    Options
    Snagged the atkins shakes at target, the milk chocolate is 5 grams of carbs, 3 grams fiber, & 15 protein. Great suggestion on the heavy cream; its not a bad last minute thing, but I wouldn't want one of these daily.
  • teruma
    teruma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese pancakes, whey protein and almond flour pancakes, peanut butter and egg microwave cake, they all have egg but don't taste like it!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    teruma wrote: »
    Cream cheese pancakes, whey protein and almond flour pancakes, peanut butter and egg microwave cake, they all have egg but don't taste like it!

I found the cream cheese pancakes tasted like eggs, but not overpowering so. I also didn't add any sweetener, just a generous pinch of salt.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for low-carb ideas and haven't previously wandered into the wilds of Pinterest, go there today. Be warned: between low-carb recipes and craft ideas, when I start off in Pinterest I frequently don't come back for days and days.

Do a search there for "low carb pancakes" and "low carb muffins" and you'll be amazed.

• teruma
    Options

I found the cream cheese pancakes tasted like eggs, but not overpowering so. I also didn't add any sweetener, just a generous pinch of salt.

I make mine with sweetener and vanilla extract!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I could never get tired of eggs, but a piece of steak is nice for breakfast too.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Ooh! Could we have your recipe for peanut butter n egg microwave cake, and the whey protein n almond flour pancakes? Pleeeeeeeease!?
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
  • teruma
    Options

Ooh! Could we have your recipe for peanut butter n egg microwave cake, and the whey protein n almond flour pancakes? Pleeeeeeeease!?

The recipe for the Peanut butter Mug Cake: https://lowcarblovelies.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/flourless-peanut-butter-mug-cake/

The recipe for the whey protein pancake, I usually improvise, but it's always something like:

2 eggs
    1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein (I use Nectar by Syntrax, it has 0 carbs)
    1 tbsp of any low carb flour (either almond, coconut, flaxseed flour)
    baking powder
    and cinnamon, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, chia seeds to your liking

:)
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I just tried this one and I can vouch for its deliciousness. Mine was a little tough because I microwaved too long, but it really was like I was eating cake. I wonder how it tastes cold.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sometimes, I make a batch of these Zesty Cheddar Biscuits: nobunplease.com/zesty-cheddar-biscuits/ They are delicious and store pretty well in the fridge. I'll heat one up in the microwave and add some bacon or ham. (I also usually fry and egg with it as well.) Makes a great breakfast sandwich, and it's quick and easy!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    BalmyD wrote: »

I just tried this one and I can vouch for its deliciousness. Mine was a little tough because I microwaved too long, but it really was like I was eating cake. I wonder how it tastes cold.

I've never seen that site before- I just say the recipe for the Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake. OH MY!
    I will be trying this. Thanks for sharing.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »

They're super light & airy, sort of melt-in-the-mouthy. I don't care for the texture at all, but lots of low-carbers seem to like them.

The recipe for the Peanut butter Mug Cake: https://lowcarblovelies.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/flourless-peanut-butter-mug-cake/

The recipe for the whey protein pancake, I usually improvise, but it's always something like:

2 eggs
    1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein (I use Nectar by Syntrax, it has 0 carbs)
    1 tbsp of any low carb flour (either almond, coconut, flaxseed flour)
    baking powder
    and cinnamon, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, chia seeds to your liking

:)

Thanks Teruma. X