February Goals

Options
Cross-posting here so I will hopefully stick with it if there are more witnesses.

1. I really want to get below 300 by the end of the month. I think the I can get really close to it since I lost 15 pounds in the last five weeks.
2. Keep resisting Mountain Dew. I switched to Coke Zero four weeks ago and this is the third time I've gone "cold turkey" from it but it's a vice. Last time I was off it for SIX MONTHS and I still caved. :/
3. Keep staying under my calorie goal, no exceptions!

How about all of you?

Replies

• flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Started Jan 4th, and down 16 lbs. My goals for Feb is to continue what I've been doing as far as what I'am eating, to start moving more and start walking, to lose 8 lbs, and to get into the 200s.
    Sherri from Iowa
  • annalisa2662
    annalisa2662 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a newby, on again off again. But I feel good about things now. I've already made a few changes and stuck with them. I'd like to get a regular walking routine in place.
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Keep it going, guys. Good idea, triple F!

For February goals...

1. Stick to no fizzy drinks. Just water and teas.
    2. Keep going to the pool.
    3. No take outs allowed!
    4. Get to the gym. Intimidated at the thought of walking back in but I can do this.
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I haven't participated for far too long in the groups. So my first goal is to participate with some consistency! My second goal is to get my eating back under control. I've lost a lot -- over 100 lbs -- but have gained about 9 back since last fall. Trying to stop the gain.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My February goal is to move more. I will be taking short walks throughout the day during the week. I carpool and I have to deal with where my driving partner parks for the next week...which is close to the door. So taking breaks throughout the day is going to be my only way to move. I am determined to get that movement in and get more of this weight off. Tomorrow is a new day..
  • sadie651986
    sadie651986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My February goals:

1. Continue not drinking sodas
    2. Move more
    3. Track calories every day
  • jasperandlady1960
    jasperandlady1960 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My goals are to track every day and keep up with my water drinking
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My Feb goals are
    - continue with boot camp exercise program
    - Get weight down to under 300 lbs- I'm at 301.6 now.
    - Figure out a meal plan for when I'm on business in DC in a couple of weeks

Thanks
  • Tudorsfan1509
    Tudorsfan1509 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My goal is to drop 10 lbs this month!
  • pnece
    Options
    @slaunderville, if you want any ideas for places to eat in DC, I might be able to help. I've lived in the DC area for a long time. Just let me know!
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I don't know if I will ever be able to run a 5K, but I know eventually I will be able to walk them. So that is my next goal. That and drinking more water. I don't know why getting in more water is so difficult for me...it just is. I think maybe I need to infuse it with different flavors so it's not just plain water, so I'm going to try that and see if that doesn't do the trick..
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Bevkidd, i struggle with drinking water too.
    I bribe myself, i have to drink so much water before i drink anything else and i always keep a water bottle with me, it makes drinking water easier because you already have it with you
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Establish going to the gym and making good decisions on what to eat as part of my daily ritual, not just some exception I'm slogging through.

• bevkidd1
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Bevkidd, i struggle with drinking water too.
    I bribe myself, i have to drink so much water before i drink anything else and i always keep a water bottle with me, it makes drinking water easier because you already have it with you

In the past I carried water everywhere I went. I didn't leave my house without it. I can get water in while at work but when I get home..that's a completely different story. I will grab the sweet tea first, before the water. Yes,it is made with water, but has sugar added. I will have to work on the water intake...
  • MellieMorphosis
    MellieMorphosis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to drop the pounds for July, as I am off to South Africa to see my cousins I have not seen for 20 odd years. Need to fit in that plane seat!
  • slaunderville
    Options
    Thank you @pnece I will be with a group the entire time and they generally provide meals. I really want to figure out where a store is nearby so I can get some veggies for my room or see if I can bring some in my luggage
  • pnece
    Options
    @slaunderville - where will you be staying?
  • slaunderville
    Options
    Marriot foggy bottom
  • pnece
    Options
    @slaunderville -- Are you familiar with Whole Foods grocery store? Your hotel is only 5 blocks away from one on the George Washington University campus! It's not the cheapest place to shop. But they carry great fruit and veggies, salads, organic foods, etc. i usually shop once a week at the closest one to my house. I haven't been to the one at GW...I'm betting they'll have lots of small packages that would work well for a dorm (or hotel!) room.
  • pnece
    Options
    @slaunderville - I think there's also a Starbucks and a Subway right next door -- at least if you're staying at the Marriott Courtyard on 20th Street.