Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Net Carbs vs All carbs.

what do you count and why?
What's the difference in weight loss?
I count all carbs but when I go over I then notice my fiber and then don't feel too bad. But how does everyone count their carbs and why?

Replies

• annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    I've done both, going back and forth over the last year, and I tend to do better when I count total carbs and keep them under 20. Otherwise for me the temptation is too great to cheat.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    I always look at total carbs which I keep at or below 39 gcarbs (usually less - I try to cap it off around 35g carbs) because I've noticed my weight-loss really starts to stall big-time if I go over 40g carbs. Over 50g carbs, and I'm knocked out of ketosis. :( I do look at net carbs at the end of the day just because I'm curious and I like to know how much fiber I got.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I go with total too. My aim is to stay in ketosis so total is simpler for me. Plus I don't care to track my fibre. I've never found it that helpful for me.
  • DaniKetoTaylor
    DaniKetoTaylor Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks guys. I felt the same as everyone. Total carbs is the way to go. But I have noticed a lot of you tubers were doing net but then Jimmy Moore was like count total carbs.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Net carbs. I don't care about ketosis - my goal is to make my blood glucose meter happy. It isn't a perfect science (different foods affect it differently), but it is generally happy at ~20 net carbs in a 3 hour period.