Net Carbs vs All carbs.

Options
what do you count and why?
What's the difference in weight loss?
I count all carbs but when I go over I then notice my fiber and then don't feel too bad. But how does everyone count their carbs and why?

Replies

• annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've done both, going back and forth over the last year, and I tend to do better when I count total carbs and keep them under 20. Otherwise for me the temptation is too great to cheat.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I always look at total carbs which I keep at or below 39 gcarbs (usually less - I try to cap it off around 35g carbs) because I've noticed my weight-loss really starts to stall big-time if I go over 40g carbs. Over 50g carbs, and I'm knocked out of ketosis. :( I do look at net carbs at the end of the day just because I'm curious and I like to know how much fiber I got.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I go with total too. My aim is to stay in ketosis so total is simpler for me. Plus I don't care to track my fibre. I've never found it that helpful for me.
  • DaniKetoTaylor
    DaniKetoTaylor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I felt the same as everyone. Total carbs is the way to go. But I have noticed a lot of you tubers were doing net but then Jimmy Moore was like count total carbs.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Net carbs. I don't care about ketosis - my goal is to make my blood glucose meter happy. It isn't a perfect science (different foods affect it differently), but it is generally happy at ~20 net carbs in a 3 hour period.