No macadamia nuts for me.

Options
First I had to give up dairy because it was giving me tummy issues. Now I can't have macadamia nuts because I can eat 1.5 lbs of them in less than a week and gain 3.5 lbs. :(

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Well ending that habit should at least save you some money :wink:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Nuts are always a problem for me. Macadamia nuts in particular. They're so good.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love them way too much too. Gotta say no for now.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This might be the first thing I've binged on since I started eating this way last May. Never again!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you're willing to nip it in the bud! That's progress in my book!
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a big problem for me as well. I recently started buying Planters Nut-rition- single packs. It has almonds, cashews and like 2-3 macadamia nuts (lol). I try to keep myself to 1 pack a day at lunch.
  • workathomemama
    workathomemama Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I feel your pain. This is my third week on the keto diet. Got my lovely time of the month 2 weeks early. My cravings hit me significantly harder than usual. I binged on macadamias, almonds, and bacon.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I really limit nuts these days. Too easy to overeat, and risk tummy upset and weight gain.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    <---Recovering peanut butter & almond/cashew/brazil/macadamia nut addict...I actually starting having facial swelling & slight dyspnea (mostly on exertion) from eating a variety of "tree nuts" (can not pinpoint exactly which). Although the quantity I ate was large (probably an intolerance, not a true allergy), I just avoid nuts altogether...except coco "nuts" of course.
  • danidanibobani
    Options
    At least I am in good company. Thanks all. Now I my have to lose these extra pounds.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I bought macs gettin aldi once, decent price, but they were so disappointing, probably good since it took forever to eat through the bag. Really good macs are scary for me. Thankfully the good ones are pricey so I don't splurge too often.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I like them a bit too much too.
  • KristyBPharmD
    KristyBPharmD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They are so good! I have the big Costco containers at work, home and my car for snacks - and have been really proud of myself in being able to limit to 0.5-1 serving (1/4 cup = 14 whole nuts). Was eating too many early on, but now when I'm really hungry, I will have a 1/2 serving and drink a bunch of water - and most of the time that is enough. If I'm still hungry after 15 minutes, I let myself have another 1/2 serving.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I now only buy small quantities. I could eat 300g of cashews or macadamias and enjoy them. No sense of enough or full. Just yum. My husband is similar. Only solution for an emergency nut is almonds. They are ok, but not scoffable. Better they are not in the house.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    It must be that this WOE is lacking in crunch factor. Nuts are a constant pitfall. I had to stop buying those giant Costco nut buckets. My husband and I looked like two squirrels in a bird feeder.
  • danidanibobani
    Options
    It must be that this WOE is lacking in crunch factor. Nuts are a constant pitfall. I had to stop buying those giant Costco nut buckets. My husband and I looked like two squirrels in a bird feeder.

Lol!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options

LOL! That's so us at my house.
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options

This is so our downfall! Cashews!!! I swore them off this week. Breaks my heart but it must be done. Frustrating thing is my hubby acts like he's doing low carb, which love him dearly, but he's not :/ and he got the idea that they were "healthy" and he will eat several handfuls a day!! I kid you not, a big container from Costco will be gone in less than a week.
    I have tried to lovingly point out that it's actually detrimental but it hasn't helped.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It only took a few days of logging them for me to see that nuts aren't worth it for me. Plus I'm slightly allergic so maybe my plan to fight the man by just taking some Benadryl an hour beforehand wasn't very bright.