Need motivation last 5 pounds to go

Options
holla18
holla18 Posts: 60 Member
Hello
over the past year I have lost 49 pounds (228 to 179ish) for the past few week I have had 5 pounds to go before reaching my ultimate goal weight.

But instead of finding myself even more driven an determined I am un motivated and have not lost or gained.

Is anyone feeling the same way or have you experienced this and how have you overcame it?

Replies

• jjwynnetv
    jjwynnetv Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at my last 3 pounds. I've lost 97 and the last 3 seem impossible to lose. I've been stuck for almost 3 weeks. I'm still following my plan and exercising. I guess I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm riding this plateau out. I've come too far and will not let 3 pounds send me back to where I came from! I look forward to hearing what others have experienced.
  • holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    jjwynnetv wrote: »
    I'm stuck at my last 3 pounds. I've lost 97 and the last 3 seem impossible to lose. I've been stuck for almost 3 weeks. I'm still following my plan and exercising. I guess I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm riding this plateau out. I've come too far and will not let 3 pounds send me back to where I came from! I look forward to hearing what others have experienced.

I so understand what you are going through
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just stick to it.

The way I've seen it, is that I'm no longer aiming at that big weightloss figure. I'm looking at a sustainable way of losing, then managing and maintaining my weight.

So, while I may have been 20st 10lbs (290lbs) and I may be aiming (long term) at 14st (196lbs), I'm not going to get overly hung up on hitting that figure. My diet has improved immeasurably since October last year. There'll be ups and downs. My weight will go down and will possibly plateau or even go up, on occasion. But, in the mean time, my weight will go down significantly and I'll lose a third of my previous body mass.

So, I'm going to continue eating as I am now and who knows where I'll be in a couple of years time.