OMG! What the heck happen?

Options
I started phentermine 9 days ago today (10/23/15) I lost 15 lbs. in 6 days, well now I seem to have slowed waaaay down. And the once hunger pains I had that phen took away, well they are back and my energy level is slowed way down also. I am only consuming 650 to 950 calories a day. Help me please what do I need to do? I have 50 pounds to lose

Replies

• Moran829
    Moran829 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You're body will start to adjust. Did your doctor put you on such low calories?? You need to consume calories to burn fat.......I know how frustrating it can be. I have been on for about 14wks and I am losing slow...only down 20lbs. Some lose faster than others some start adjusting to the pills sooner. When that happened for me I skipped a day or two and was just mindfull of what I ate,can help reset your bodies response to phen.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Skip a day or two of taking the med, and eat at least 1200 calories daily. DO NOT go below 1200. It is very easy to become malnourished while taking Phentermine. This could explain your low energy level.
    I'm not knocking the drug, I've taken it myself before; I'm simply saying you MUST eat, log, get exercise, eat exercise calories back by at least half, and be RESPONSIBLE when using this medication. It is very easy to just "let the pill do the work", but you must use it only as ONE tool in your arsenal, not THE tool. Taking an appetite suppressant is supposed to give you time to get used to how much food is "normal" for you to eat, not simply to starve yourself until the weight comes off. That's why so many people fail after coming off this med. Plan your meals and snacks, get lots of protein and drink your water, using the Phentermine just as a temporary aid to reset your eating habits.
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jules - you are eating too low of calories. You really need to eat a minimum of 1200, but more if possible (how many does MFP tell you to eat if you wanted to lose 2lbs a week? then go with that). Use the meds to help you learn to eat responsibly, not to starve yourself. Choose foods high in protein to protect your muscles as you loose weight.