Introduce yourself to the group

Options
Hi all, I am Clomidgirl

I am 26, Teacher, married, no children.

I have had PCOS since the age of 16. With all the nasty side effects that come with it! I have been trying for a baby naturally for over a year now. My weight gain has been awful and thus further slowing down any conception progress. I have also recently found out that my progesterone levels are very low, and therefore I have been prescribed Clomid / Clomifene to help me ovulate and conceive. I get 6 chances at this, and if this doesnt work then I would need to consider IVF. Currently I am too overweight to get IVF on the NHS, hence why I wanted to lose weight.

All your motivation and support will be greatly appreciated and I hope I can do the same for you.

Clomidgirl x

Replies

• anticrombieval87
    anticrombieval87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work, I am in the same boat except I weigh over 300 lbs and I am on metformin.
  • alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am alethea, 28, working as researcher. I just found out I have PCOS yesterday although I had it in mind before the blood test. I also had been trying to get pregnant over a year now. I'm also had been prescribed Clomid and also Premarin. my glucose level is considered high 5.3 which is near the limit (5.5). So i'm trying to eat healthy, reduce sugar in my diet, try to lose some weight hoping to beat pcos.