Hello!

Options
Just wanted to say Hi and probably overshare about myself. I'm restarting MFP for the third time. I know what I need to do and I feel ready to do it. I was able to maintain (my still obese) weight for a couple of years, but this last year it has jumped up and I passed a number I told myself I'd never reach; 250lbs.

I'm currently at 256lbs and a 42 BMI, its shocking to me and I'm tired of being like this. My work is really good about helping out, we have scheduled walking groups, on site zumba and yoga weekly and I have signed up for this quarter's, 'Commit to be fit'. Our first weigh in was Feb 5th and the 'contest' ends in May. I really dont care about winning the contest, though if I stay on goal I probably should. I'm doing it cause I need to. I don't currently have any major health problems (diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol etc), but I'm plagued with things that are complicated by my weight. My knees are horrible (have been since I was an extremely fit 140lb boxer) and they hurt even more now, my asthma is no longer under control, and I pay WAY too much money to keep the girls in a good fitting bra. I'm in desperate need of a breast reduction and even when skinny I don't even come close to a DD, but my insurance wont even consider covering it at my current weight, so thats a long term goal.

I've got my profile completely open to keep myself accountable. I wont skip logging stuff, even on days when I slip. I wanted to get back to walking this week, but over the last weekend I developed a horrible chest cold and for an asthmatic like me that can be trouble, I'm finally feeling a little better today with minimal wheezing and coughing and inhaler puffs, so I'll be back on that train tomorrow.

Food wise, I love healthy food! I love a good salad (spinach and arugula, yes please!) Fish and chicken breast, plain greek yogurt, nuts and fruits, yep, love all that. My problem? When I get home from work and I go sit in my damn recliner... and I open some cookies or chocolate... I dont eat 1 serving, I don't eat 2... ugh! No more of that. Right now, if I have leftover calories for the day my plan is a reward of a fudgicle. I've only been logging since Tuesday, but I've been eating what I should since Saturday.

Obviously I'm very very new to this reboot, but I realized something this morning already. I used to absolutely crash in my recliner after work. I work early morning and I'm home by 4pmish daily. I'd get home, gorge on sweets and then fall asleep for about 90mins or so when it was time to start dinner prep. I realized this morning that I haven't done that all week. I've still been hanging out in my recliner thanks to my cold, but no crashing out naps, my energy has been pretty steady all day.

So now that I've blapped on and on, here's a little about me and please add me as a friend, we could all use more people on this journey.

My name is Jenn (not Sally, thats just my internet name a play on Mustang Sally because I own a gorgeous mustang).

I'm 37, I have one daughter who will be 14 this year and in high school in the fall (yikes!?). I work in IT and I'm on my rear a lot during the day. I am former Army, former boxer (I used to be fit). I live in San Diego (it's currently in the 80s here and no reason to not be outside for exercise). My boyfriend is also former Army and currently lives on the exact opposite side of the country finishing up a government contract. He's moving out here this summer and I can't wait for that.

If you've gotten this far... yay! I didn't think I'd write this much. This is the first group I've joined and I've seen Wendy's very very encouraging posts and can't wait for more.

Thank you,

Jenn

Replies

• JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenn,
    Glad to have you join the group. This is my first group also and Wendy is great at encouraging and helping others. Go Wendy!! Hope we can help each other in this journey.
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn

Welcome!! Yes we are glad your here. Thanks for sharing, I love it girl you are hilarious. All those things your shared I can certainly identify. We are all here to encourage each other, to be real, honest and not quit no matter what!!

Former boxer huh, well let's get on back to the glory days girlfriend, Reboot in effect!!!

Sounds like your ready Jenn

Ding, Ding, Ding Round 1 let's go!