Fit and Fabulous in February

Options

Replies

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok, not too bad, recon I shouldn't have had a starter as well as dessert on sat, and could've cut down on the biscuits today, but not too bad for a weekend!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I feel about the same about my weekend; could have been better, but not completely out of control.

W1 Diet stats: Avg intake (M-Sun): 1266
    Switched my high cal day to Saturday for the weekend since I had a dinner planned with friends. I have a fast day on Wednesday for religious reasons so I'm going to give myself a little break today so I'm not a mess by Wednesday due to too low calories. I'm also a little bummed that there's no loss from a week ago, but hoping the high sodium is the cause and it will come back off with increased water intake during the week.

W1 Workout stats: 2/5 1 cardio, 1 strength (Jillian); 80/700 goal for month
    Did not do well on workouts, so need to get back to that this week.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    HowS everyone doing midweek? I'm on track! Must resolve not to get complacent this weekend though! I'm only back where I was at one month ago before I took a week off!!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Way to go Jools. Keep up the great work.
    Where is everyone else?! I know Marla Jean is traveling. Sam is right in wedding (post-wedding?) central. Liz, Clair, Kristen, Jill? I've seen other posts from you so seems like things are going ok, but would love to see you back on the group boards.

SW (Feb 1): 162.0
    W1 (Feb 4):159.6 (-2.4; net yesterday 971; avg net for week [M-W]/target=739/800)
    W2 (Feb 11):159.6
    W3 (Feb 18):
    W4 (Feb 25):
    Final (Feb 29): (this will be after another high calorie day so comparing apples to apples rather than using March 1, which should be after a 600 calorie day and expected to be lower.)

No loss, but still beating a 1 lb/week goal so I'll take it. Still struggling with workouts mid-week. Hopefully can get back on it to finish the week strong and still meet goal for the week.

Have a great end of the week all and good luck this weekend! Hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day with your special someone.
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am not logging but am doing ok with my eating. Kinda chilling out for a bit but I'll be back eventually. Keep it up ladies! xo
  • clairice2
    clairice2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

@brisingr86 that's great momentum you have now with 1lb per week and whats better is you are sticking to it which means it must be working for you. Keep up the good work.
    @CostaRica120 where did you get your wedding dress or who is the designer, its just stunning?

Last weekend I went a bit mad on the food and drink and then I also caught a cold so I missed two nights of badminton. Mid week was spent trying to undo the weekends damage so when I weighed myself this morning I found I was .2 lbs below where I was last week. PHEW! its not much by any means but at least I didn't do as much damage as the previous blowout in January which left me +2lbs.

This week coming will see more of the usual, 3 badminton practices & 2 gym classes and the odd dog walk/jog. Food wise the focus is on finding alternatives to the chocolate snacks and going to bed at a reasonable hour.
    Exercise wise, I'm really enjoying my gym programme, It was designed for me for going once per week, and its so much more achievable & enjoyable knowing I only have to do it once per week. The 2nd visit to the gym is to do a TRX class, which is fun as I go with a some friends.

Keep up the amazing work Ladies, you are all brilliant.

Have a fab Valentines weekend. <3
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Sw: 166
    W1: 163.6
    W2: 161.4

Yay, back on track, although still losing that xmas weight!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    My dress is allure.. I think 2013 collection? Not sure of the style number but they have a few in a similar style.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Way to go Jools! Even if it's still losing Christmas weight, it's great weight loss. Careful not to go too aggressive, but glad you've been able to get back on track!

Jill, love the new profile pic. The new lifting program sounds great, and even better that it's something you and the hubby can do together.

Doing alright with workouts this week, although I've been heavy on the cardio. Have to really stay on track this coming week in preparation for my cousin's wedding next week. I'll post full week report on Monday. Have a great rest of your weekend all!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

Wedding was wonderful but am too afraid to step on the scales now! Giving myself another week to get back on track. It sounds like you've all been doing wonderfully! Like Jill, I'm going to stick around on here if it's okay. I'm a bridesmaid in October so I'm still very much all about the wedding chat!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
  • clairice2
    clairice2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Mrs samlovesthesnow, I hope you had a fab day. You look stunning and I love your cake also. x
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    amazing!
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ugh, Ladies, I've had a heck of a couple of weeks! We had our spirit week at the school where I teach, mardi gras, super bowl, AND valentine's day. I also had a ton of increased stress at work due to many people being sick (not me-yay!) and having to pick up additional duties. I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I have a friend visiting from out of town next weekend, so I know I need to buckle down some good habits and fast!! I have not been keeping up with my goals at all. Thanks for the motivation and support!!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Yay Sam! Glad everything went well for the wedding (the cake is super cute, seems like there must be a good story with that). I love that people are hanging with the group post-wedding!

Glad to see you back Kristen. Social occasions and stress at work are two of my biggest weight loss killers so I have some idea of what you're going through. Hang in there! Glad you've avoided whatever crud is going around there (knock on wood). Make this week the best you can and just keep moving. Make your choices, accept them and then move on to the new choices. You can do this!

Did not do well on logging this weekend so won't do the check-in on calories. I think I wasn't horrible, but I was definitely up on the scale this morning from where I should have been. I did not fast yesterday (no work for Presidents Day) so fasting today (always easier when I'm at work). Better on the workouts last week, but cardio heavy: 4/5 (4/2 cardio; 0/3 strength), up to 335/700 on minutes though.

Have a great week everyone!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Congrats, Sam! You were a stunning bride!!!

I did a lot of overeating again this weekend. My cravings are so out of control. I feel like I used to go through a little bit of this every month or so leading up to my period, but I feel like I've been in that mode for weeks and weeks and I keep thinking it's simmering down and then I find myself unable to resist crap food again. All I want to do is eat. All the time. And it's getting embarrassing. I'm trying to eat healthy foods...but then I do that and still eat the crap after. I'm not happy with my weight right now, but I'm totally lacking the flip side of that..the motivation to consistently work at it. I actually don't hate how I look (I have a butt again), but I'm rapidly outgrowing my clothes which were way too big for me all of last year and I can't stand to have my husband touch or look at me, which obviously isn't a good start to our marriage. I'm trying to be kind and understanding towards myself (and my husband is being pretty good about trying to be supportive), but I'm just concerned that I won't get a grip in time.

On the upside, I started that weight lifting program. Worked out Sat and Sun. Took yesterday off and am going to work out tonight. Feels good to be sore and to push myself.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Sounds like a tough weekend for everyone, mine was not great so not weighing until Thursday! @costarica, I agree pre period cravings make me lose my will power, I think increasing weights over the last year has really helped me, because when I'm bad I don't seem to gain as much, plus I can eat a little more and still lose weight, I'm really sold on more muscle building! I guess the thing to do is have a mother goal post wedding, I guess mine will be summer hols! Give yourself a few weeks off, and back on it!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Ugh, Ladies, I've had a heck of a couple of weeks! We had our spirit week at the school where I teach, mardi gras, super bowl, AND valentine's day. I also had a ton of increased stress at work due to many people being sick (not me-yay!) and having to pick up additional duties. I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I have a friend visiting from out of town next weekend, so I know I need to buckle down some good habits and fast!! I have not been keeping up with my goals at all. Thanks for the motivation and support!!

[any kind of special occasion kills me! Really got to be aware at Easter this year as it is close to wedding, and at our hen stag do!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    SW (Feb 1): 162.0
    W1 (Feb 4):159.6
    W2 (Feb 11):159.6
    W3 (Feb 18): 159.2
    W4 (Feb 25):
    Final (Feb 29):

The holiday weekend and just general "blah" have me not doing so great with the 5:2 regimen I set up or exercise. Haven't gotten to the gym since Saturday (planning to change that tonight). Falling off my target loss trend for the month of 1lb/week (hoping I can get back on track for the end of the month), but still have overall trend (weighing pretty much daily) to hit 140 before the wedding. This weekend will be a test with two long travel days plus my cousin's wedding.

Hope everyone else is having a good week!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Happy Friday! Just wanted to send a quick good luck for the weekend. Seems like it's always the toughest.

Kristen, hope this week went better than the last couple.
    Sam, how's married life treating you? When is your move?
    Jill, how's the lifting program going? Do you feel like it's helping you get back in the fitness frame of mind?
    Jools, you were pretty regular posting to keep up daily motivation. Everything still going ok?
    Claire, how is everything going for you?
    Marla Jean, you back with us? Sounded from status updates like you had a great vacation with plenty of activity.

There have been a few new members recently, please feel free to post with even goals and check in for the week. I'll get the thread started to set goals for March next week.

Let's put whatever lapses we've had behind us and focus on what we're going to do today. We can't go back and change what we've done, but we can choose what we will do today.

For those who have been able to stay on track with nutrition and exercise, keep up the great work! Build on what you've accomplished, reach your goals and push yourself to continue improving with new goals.